Couch to 5K --May 30th

Options

Replies

• dyiaane
    dyiaane Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Just did week 2 day 3. Went out for 40 minutes. Doing pretty well.
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll start tomorrow.

Welcome
    We start Thursday. Mid-Week.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    did week 1 - day 1 yesterday. not too bad.
  • eslater1
    eslater1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just finished w1d1, and I feel like my legs are on fire! Just goes to show that the elliptical machines aren't all they're cracked up to be!
  • dyiaane
    Options
    Did week 3 day one and it was pretty easy. So far liking the program.
  • caitylynn62
    caitylynn62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im in!! just did week 3 day one today! I've been doing it before school at like 545 am because I just can't wait the entire day to do it becasue I love it! I've been doing it every day though, instead of 3 times a week. I just move on to the next workout everytime.. Is this a bad thing to do? To me, I don't think its bad because the workouts aren't too intense for me to handle it everyday. If I was like so sore I wouldn't be running everyday. What do you all think? Is this like a really bad thing to do? I love it so much its the highlight of my day<3 I couldn't say better things about it. Talk to you all soon!
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Did W1 D2 this morning...I agree about the iPhone app- makes it so easy just to do what you're told when a bell rings! Think we'll be checking in D3 tomorrow - can't wait!
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    week 1 day 3- check!
  • chicagofats
    chicagofats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who's keeping up with C25K!

Finished week 1. Probably should have started with week 2, but I don't want to repeat past mistakes by overdoing it. Small steps, it's not a race... yet.

I'm looking forward to longer running intervals. I always feel weird running for such a short amount of time on the path around the lake. I hope people walking don't think I'm jockeying for position...
  • dyiaane
    Options
    Im in!! just did week 3 day one today! I've been doing it before school at like 545 am because I just can't wait the entire day to do it becasue I love it! I've been doing it every day though, instead of 3 times a week. I just move on to the next workout everytime.. Is this a bad thing to do? To me, I don't think its bad because the workouts aren't too intense for me to handle it everyday. If I was like so sore I wouldn't be running everyday. What do you all think? Is this like a really bad thing to do? I love it so much its the highlight of my day<3 I couldn't say better things about it. Talk to you all soon!

Nope not bad. Instead of 3 days a week I'm doing it 4 or 5 days a week and moving on after 3 days as well. Last summer I use to run/walk almost everyday. I would say just take one rest day. So do it 6 days tops. Your legs need a break after so much running.
  • Annie5859
    Annie5859 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm moving onto Week 3 day 1 tomorrow. I'm excited to see the transition in my endurance of the next few weeks!
  • ElizabethSami
    Options
    I want to start this program and actually went to the website c25k to look up information but not getting what i really need to know. When it says walk for 5 minutes at what paste im i suppose to walk on 1 or 2 mph or more and when it says run at what paste again..4 or 5 mph? or is it what you feel comfortable at and increase from there.

TIA
  • dyiaane
    Options
    Did week 3 day 2 today. It was so hot today so I waited until like 7:30 at night to go out running. I did okay. Not my best due to the heat but decent.
  • chicagofats
    Options
    I skipped today's run. My knee's been a little sore since the weekend. I did run on Monday when it was more nagging soreness than pure pain. I really don't want to have aches and pains sabotage this program (as they have in the past).

I noticed the knee getting better yesterday and this morning, so I figured it would be best to give it one more day of rest. I hope I can find the right balance of knowing when to rest and when to push.

I hope to run tomorrow (stay away, rain!)
  • becka63
    Options
    Did W1 D3 on Tuesday - was ok, but hubby got cramp so had to walk 1/2 of it :-( Hoping to pick up W2 either tonight or tomorrow, but feel I should give hubby the chance to redo W1D3 so he can complete.
  • eslater1
    eslater1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I want to start this program and actually went to the website c25k to look up information but not getting what i really need to know. When it says walk for 5 minutes at what paste im i suppose to walk on 1 or 2 mph or more and when it says run at what paste again..4 or 5 mph? or is it what you feel comfortable at and increase from there.

TIA

You should be walking at a brisk pace. When you jog, it should be at a pace that is comfortable to you. You should be able to make it the whole time jogging and not have to stop and walk during that time. If you can't jog the whole interval, then you should slow down your pace.

I'm starting Week Three on Monday. I never thought I would make it this far! It's kind of funny because on W2D1 I thought I was going to die, and then today I did W2D3 and thought it was pretty easy. :)
  • becka63
    Options
    Haha did w2 d1 today- was pouring with rain so did it inside jogging / walking on the spot using wii fit free jog as our guide! Worked a treat :-) we looked pretty daft tho, I'll give u that!
  • Ginagee71
    Ginagee71 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    W2/d3 tonight, struggling with lactic acid in my calves last night so gave in finish it tonight, i didn't really stretch as usual first and think thats why i got the lactic acid?
    Could there be another reason for it?
  • dyiaane
    Options
    W3 Day 3. I did pretty well. Looking forward to starting week 4 this weekend.
  • chicagofats
    Options
    I did W3D2 today. I made a mistake on Monday where I decided to skip ahead a week. Bad move as it didn't go that well. I need to take my own advice and realize this isn't a race to finish. So I went back to the WD I was originally scheduled to do today and it went much better.