What do you think is the hardest part about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    One of the hardest thing for me is not feeling like I'm missing out on all the food I could have.

Yes, I understand moderation, but at my height of 4'11", my body doesn't need a lot of calories.
    So outside of lean protein and veggies, I don't have a lot of room to allow for other food.
  • ShrinkingKerrie
    ShrinkingKerrie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Not being able to have what I fancy whenever I fancy it,in terms of sweets,cake etc
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »
    One of the hardest thing for me is not feeling like I'm missing out on all the food I could have.

CORRECTION: I mean: Feeling like I am missing out.

• Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Deciding how much I'll spend on new clothes once I reach my goal weight.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest thing for me is accepting that some days I will go over my calorie goal, and to not let that derail my efforts.

What about you guys?

Losing the last 5 lbs. I will not surrender!!!
  • 1WJane
    1WJane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    did not understand the calorie goal.
  • 1WJane
    1WJane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what does BBCode mean?
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    To echo many others - how much time it takes and getting out of the all-or-nothing mentality. Not sure which of those is the hardest.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I definitely don't manage to eat just at or below my goal most days, but that's not the hard thing to accept... The hardest thing is not seeing results on the scale when I'd like to. It's really discouraging. Like I know I'm not gonna gain weight either, I know it could be just fluctuations, but WHY can't the scale go down just a little bit every time??? WHYYYY???
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    being social. Lots of my friendships are cemented around a table, and learning to socialize without it having to be at some Italian place every time. Don't get me wrong I still love to go out to eat, but making it a treat instead of a norm.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    How very long this is going to take. I realize that I didn't gain overnight. In fact, I have been higher than average weight since 5th grade when the doc put me on pills to try and make me grow (some bunk about how my skeleton was younger than I was and he wanted to speed things up? idk, it was 1984). I wasn't on the pills for long, but I went from slender to pudgy, and it just crept on from there. But when you're only 5' tall and staring 272lb in the face, plus all the associated health issues that come with it, getting down into a health BMI range seems like an impossible feat. This time it's much easier for me because I *finally* get CICO. Still hard realizing how long this will likely take.
  • cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between the long term consistency of effort vs. the fact that no matter how precise you are, everything is still an estimate and weight loss isn't linear. The engineer in me wants precise measurements that yield predictable results on a day in, day out basis and not having that is frustrating and makes you question yourself along the way. My cultural training makes want everything to happen now; instant gratification.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    being social. Lots of my friendships are cemented around a table, and learning to socialize without it having to be at some Italian place every time. Don't get me wrong I still love to go out to eat, but making it a treat instead of a norm.

This! Finding a balance in my social life has been tough for me. I do have friends that will go do active things with me, but we also tend to center our fun around going out to eat and having a few cocktails, which I enjoy.

• MariliaPa
    MariliaPa Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Losing the last few is the most difficult thing I've ever done!!

THIS! And being patient with it- progress with me is really slow.
    And as was already mentioned, going out and being social only slows down he process further.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    The water weight fluctuations are what bother me the most. It's hard to tell real weight loss and dehydration apart until you wait a couple days.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Didn't and dont find it hard at all. Had no stalls plateaus had no fall backs etc. I just weighed all my food and ate what i wanted only smaller portions. Created a deficit and that's it. Some days when i was more hungry i just ate a bit more. Why making it hard on myself? As long i dont eat SURPLUS for days than it is just normal life. A dinner a party i did it all and still do.

What i have more problems with atm is the fact that it takes longer than i thought to find maintaining level.

After the period of losing i am now trying to find maintenance and i am still upping calories...Every time i think now it stops i lose another half pound it seems lol
    So up it again with 100 calories and wait it out for 3 weeks....The waiting game it seems.

And not really a problem with it. And love the fact i can add more calories. But it plays a bit with my patience atm. And sometimes i think just add 250 or 300 right away and see what happens.

for now we take it step by step.

95069916.png
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The other 23 hours I don't spend working out. :wink:

And the fact that I'm just not seeing the results I had hoped for over the past three months. ): It's hard because I like junk food and I know everyone says it's okay in moderation but still, I feel like it slows my progress. Yet if I tried to completely cut out junk food everyday, I'd end up buying an entire box of oreos like I did (twice!) last weekend. Maybe I'm not ready yet, and that's ok.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    As Tom Petty says, the waiting.

The beginning is tough, making and adjusting to new habits. But it's the long process, having to do the work every single day for such a long, long time. I totally get it when people say, "I feel like I should be done by now!"

It requires so much patience. Subtracting my break, I will have been dieting for over two years when I'm done. Two freaking years! Drop a tenth of an ounce here, three ounces there. It all adds up, but takes forever.

The waiting is the hardest part.
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not being able to fit an entire large bag of Doritos into my daily calories :'( or at least half a bag.

On a serious note, just having the patience to keep going until you see results.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Losing weight!