What do you think is the hardest part about losing weight?

Options

Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    Hardest part about losing weight was eating cakes ,doughnuts and drinking alcohol in moderation .. sometimes i'd go over board and wipe out the deficits I had made in the week.
  • morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Weighing and measuring my food in front of others I feel like (just my thoughts im sure) that they must think I have an eating disorder or judging me I am an all or nothing person so untill I get to goal I don't want to guess when at friends and family dinners....
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I think it is not fitting into some of my favorite clothes.....and yes it can be sad when the clothes are too big too!
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't really matter what other people think. You should do what makes you feel better and stay in control. I wish everyone happiness in whatever they choose to do. It helps to know that we are there to support each other and ourselves.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    grace173 wrote: »
    I think it is not fitting into some of my favorite clothes.....and yes it can be sad when the clothes are too big too!

Yeah ... I had to retire my favourite skirt just recently. It literally falls off when I wear it now and trying to keep it on with belts and things just doesn't look good. I'm kind of hoping to find something like it in my size one day. I keep looking.

• Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    It took two years to get close enough to my goal to go into body recomposition mode.

The hard part was doing it every day and realizing that it just takes consistent effort.

There are no shortcuts. It just takes finding the lifetime eating strategy that works and sticking with it. I had to learn how to think about food as fuel, not a reward or comfort.

It has been a year into keeping it off and reshaping my body now. It has been good finding those enjoyable activities to make part of life.

Health and fitness is something to see as part of the rest of your life. It isn't a shot term thing to make the scale display a number.
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This
    alohajls wrote: »
    Realizing that this is a life sentence. There will never be a time when I can not be concerned about what I eat, whether I am losing weight or not.

• mom2zayne
    mom2zayne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Working really hard and being good on it and really trying. And then seeing no results
  • healthy_hermione
    healthy_hermione Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    controlling my cravings and trying to get the motivation to work out.
  • Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Gained a half pound this week. Not going to let it get me down. I have kept within my calories/points. Determined to weigh, track food, drink water and exercise and make smart food choices this week. Good Luck everyone.
  • azgolfgirl
    azgolfgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Patience is the toughest.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Thowe92 wrote: »
    Trying to keep your sanity and body satisfied.

YES.
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    The sinking feeling when you realise you should have done it 10, 20, 30 years earlier.
    True!

• sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Getting my massively-sized head from how proud I am of myself through the door.

Haha! This 1 is sooooo me right now! Even though I've lost only a few lbs.
  • sinbadfxdl
    sinbadfxdl Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dealing with gluttony foods during Holidays and family get togethers.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    The worst thing to do is base your success on what the scale tells you.

A good example of that, is today... I weighed myself and found I was 7 lbs more than I was 2 weeks ago.

Weight doesn't measure all the factors, muscle, water etc... in fact, it's quite common if you are a regular trainer to put on "weight".

My cloth sizing and fitness levels tell me that the scales are a bad vibe, measure your achievements on that,
  • RaquelCowell
    RaquelCowell Posts: 11 Member
    Options

jemhh wrote: »
    dhimaan wrote: »
    Really slow progress. I start to question my effort. Is it something I can control or not?

I will second this. Slow progress. Seeing no end in sight.
    peter56765 wrote: »
    The non-linearity of weight loss and plateaus. It's very demotivating to be so disciplined for weeks and then not see the scale budge, or worse, go up.

I feel the same. The scale went up this week. Just a little, but it is so discouraging. I start to question of its even worth it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Going out definitely. I'm still looking for the elusive non-chain restaurant with delicious meals under 600 calories (other than plain grilled meat and veggies!).
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Something I have struggled with has been resisting the urge to hurry the process along. Starve myself for a few days. Over exercise. Anything to post a weight loss when all my friends are losing and I am not. Thankfully, although temptation still rears its ugly head every once in a while, I've been successful at slow and sustainable weight loss these last few months.