Thanksgiving Workout Commitment

Options
This Thanksgiving I am staying the course and going to get an AM workout in. I know I can dedicate a few measly minutes to it. Going into it knowing that is part of the day's plan is going to help. After all, I am very thankful for my health and it seems a great way to start off celebrating the day.

Anyone else want to pledge at least 20 minutes of Thanksgiving exercise with me?

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Starting Thanksgiving with a workout is what keeps the whole day on an even keel. It even helps my mood later in the day when dealing with stress. At least 20 minutes but hopefully I can squeeze in a little more.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a turkey trot so I'll be doing an 8k in the morning
  • agarkeema
    agarkeema Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in. At least 20 mins Turkey day
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    I'm in for 60min
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,645 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS workout regardless if it's a holiday or not. Whether it's cardio or strength, the body doesn't distinguish whether a holiday is upcoming or not. The issue for most is that like work, some believe that not exercising on a holiday is a time off. And that's fine if one is consistent, however lots of people use the holidays to excuse themselves from keeping up with their regular program.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • spat095
    spat095 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I will be on that treadmill! ;)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I want to work out to set myself up to not derail on Thanksgiving. I can enjoy the meal but I don't want to pig out. Portion control on dinner, wine, and dessert for me and if I'm 1000 calories over, so be it.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I don't workout 6 or 7 days a week, I workout 5 and take 2 rest days. Thursday will be one of them. I will focus on filling up on meats and veggies and only sampling desserts on Turkey day, and will stick to my usual Lite beer or water. I probably won't even bother logging, I can afford a day of estimating and simply go back to my usual routine on Friday. No stress.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Wife and I are running the Dallas Turkey Trot 5k. I am also planning on keeping my meal portions at a reasonable size, and the carbs/sugars to a minimum.
  • x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good responses! I also want to set myself up for a good day. Going to keep my portions reasonable, but....

@fiddletime - Wine and dessert...oh hell yeeeeeah! Definitely going to get at least a little bit of my sweet on=D
  • 22ep
    22ep Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing insanity!! Never stop pushing
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    The dojo is closed that day but I will still get in my 14k steps at work.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS workout on holidays, I eat and drink what I want too.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Was planning to do a 5k-"gobble wobble" but the weather is supposed to be terrible so I may have to wobble on my treadmill instead.

I don't have any shoes that I could use to run in the snow and even if I did, I would be afraid I would fall and break something.

But I plan to do SOMETHING!
  • USAFmaa
    USAFmaa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I shall be running outside! :)
  • TacoTina
    TacoTina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm in for at least 60 minutes
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My gym is closed for Thanksgiving but I plan to get a 30 minute walk in.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing my 40 minute Insanity workout. So yeah, count me in!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm doing C25K, week 5, day 3 part 3....hopefully I'll be able to get past this day!

Thanks for the accountability sometimes just putting it in writing means no excuses!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

• x_cinder_x
    x_cinder_x Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @agzram of course you can join =D
    The more the merrier!