Fitbit charge HR

Options
GrenadeRachel
GrenadeRachel Posts: 40 Member
Just ordered my Fitbit charge HR. Anyone here own one? if so what's your feedback on them.

Replies

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    I like mine for the most part. But the battery seems to drain easily. I don't think it's accurate on the calories burned so I just ignore that. I like the sleep quality and amount feature though.
  • twentiesbrunette
    twentiesbrunette Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love it! I tested against the HR Monitor on the gym equipment. I used to have a Polar HR monitor to see exact calories burned & HR details, plus I would wear my fitbit One, so I could be sure to hit my 10k steps a day. I sincerely have upgraded & I'm obsessed! The best way to look at details is through the fitbit app on a smartphone. I love to look at my heart rate from the previous nights sleep. I also focus on trying to get my resting heart rate down for overall health reasons. Now, read the forums on fitbit site. It's key that you put your settings in correctly ie if you select that you are wearing it on your non-dominant wrist then it will be more sensitive to movement. I have tested it. It's accurate (with only small differences). As for the battery I love it tracking my sleep & day time SO I charge it in the morning while I shower (it can't go in the shower anyways) & keep it next to my cell so I don't forget to put it back on. This gadget has helped make fitness more fun! My husband & I love the challenges too.
  • WhiskeyCity
    WhiskeyCity Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for about two weeks. I had a Flex for about a year before that. I love them both. I've tested my Charge HR against my Polar HRM and it's pretty much spot on. I like the Charge because it gives me a calorie count for my workouts in the gym (Crossfit). I love the HRM function. I've always tracked my sleep with the Flex but I like the more detail you get with the CHR. The battery only gets me about three days but the HRM is on 24/7 so that is a big drain. I did a little research on Lithium Poly batteries and they like frequent charging. LiPo batteries do not have a "memory" so you don't have to cycle them like NiCd batts. So, like the previous poster says, I charge mine every day or so at my desk for a few minutes. This keeps it full and ready for whatever. Good times!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    I have one and it's "OK". I love the HR monitor feature. It's very close to my Polar (as far as HR and calories burned). However, as a runner, It sucks for distance accuracy! I don't think it's very accurate for steps either but, I don't care about that. Even if it's not totally accurate, it gives me a general idea of calories burned and I can compare daily. It's just a tool.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'm a Garmin guy.
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,843 Member
    Options
    I agree with G. Somewhat accurate but use it mostly as a guage and motivator.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'm a Garmin guy.

I'd like to get a Garmin
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit HR. I use it a lot for motivation and competing with friends on mileage. I also like that I can see an estimate of where my heart rate is when I'm working out.