Just keep at it.

Options
I started my journey on Sept. 1, I do my treadmill every single day for 50-60 minutes at 4 mph. I'm down 17 pounds, but I feel like I'm doing this journey alone. I'm surrounded by friends who look great, and I've always been the big girl in the group. I' ve lost this weight and no one has noticed, which shows me I have a lot not to lose. my husband is very supportive, but he loves me no matter what. What are some tips to keep myself motivated?

Replies

• soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I'm like you I am on my tredmill every day. I've started at 230 and now I am 187lbs. Not a single person besides my mom has noticed or said I thing. And I have only dropped two pants sizes. It has been so discouraging. But I just keep telling myself I'm doing this for me and when I get to my goal they will see :)
  • hayashiclan
    hayashiclan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged, keep it as your secrete to success. I have a similar situation. Loving husband and not a lot of other people in my life going through the same journey to better health and fitness. Take photos of yourself along the way to remind you of your progress, even if nobody has yet.
  • rleider
    rleider Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Losing weight should always be for you and only you. As you get healthy you feel better and you look better. You wear clothes you like, not what other people like. You get a tattoo you like, not what other people like. You ready food you like, not what other people like. You get the trend-- lose weight to feel and look how YOU like. You should smile every day when you look in the mirror. Feel good about your clothes fitting/feeling more comfortable. Enjoy being healthy, and forget about anyone else noticing. :)
  • tburnett4
    tburnett4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Do stick with it…. i'm sure people notice but don't say anything so they won't sound rude. Also.. when I lost all my weight..no one mentioned until I was near goal. It was like all of a sudden everyone noticed. Maybe it takes a bigger difference for people to stop thinking about themselves and notice. haha. Anyway.. you know how great you're doing and you do look better..stick with it for yourself.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Just picture how fab you will look when you get to weight goal. Also you are getting fitter and stronger each day you keep at it. The people around you will finally catch up and notice. be prepared that not all comments will be pleasant. keep at it, you can do it.
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    17lb is what keeps you motivated!

People who see us often don't always notice the results. Keep at it and they will notice before long.

Just a thought, have you bought any new clothes? Sometimes our clothes get baggy as we lose weight and when you buy something new that actually fits well, people sometimes then notice the difference.

You are doing great, keep it up x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!