Nutribullet veg and fruit juicing

Options
Hi .. I'm looking to buy a nutribullet mainly for veg juicing etc.. How do you count the calories? Do you weigh the veg or fruit as normal or is it more calories ? Need the be sure before I buy one ... Cheers

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It would be the same amount of calories but you need a lot of fruit or veg to create a glass of juice. I prefer to eat it whole as I consume less calories over all and feel fuller.
  • vanyabriggs
    vanyabriggs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Okay that's great !! It's more veg I'd use but due to busy stressful job and time veg drinks will be ideal for me :)
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I make 'smoothies' some of the time..... Often use greens like baby kale, spinach and banana or frozen food, a little chia seed and cashew milk. I like it creamier and cashew milk is 25 cal per cup. Carrots, beets, nutbutter, other veggies and/or protein powder are some other things I've used. Also using either frozen fruit or add a little ice makes it thicker.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have a smoothie everyday for lunch. I just place the blender cup on my scale then add ingredient, press tare, add the next item, press tare etc etc. Then log each ingredient separately in my diary.
  • ilovecereal1982
    ilovecereal1982 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I bought one but....I mainly have been using it to mix frozen adult beverages and holy moly they are delish.
  • vanyabriggs
    Options
    Well I used the nutri bullet this morning with kale ,Apple, flax seed,oats grapes ,pineapple, lime juice , lemongrass .. It was lovely !!! Just don't have the time to eat five a day so this is ideal... I was worried It would be more in calories but I've weighed each item separately ... Will be interesting to see what time I'll get hungry as this drink was full of fibre goodness etc
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are a better option than juicing in my experience of both. I feel you lose an amount of nutrients in the waste fibre in juicing whereas the whole food gets consumed in smoothies. Sometimes easier to drink than sit and eat.
  • KaleYogaGin
    KaleYogaGin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I second the 'smoothies over juicing' opinion. I have a nifty little blender that allows me to mush together nutritionally sound breakfasts on busy mornings. It's a lazy girl's dream to clean too, as I understand it, apart from what you lose in fibre, juicing is not fun to clean up after.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Well I used the nutri bullet this morning with kale ,Apple, flax seed,oats grapes ,pineapple, lime juice , lemongrass .. It was lovely !!!

That sounds delicious. I am nicking that recipe!

I have a similar smoothie regularly for breakfast but never thought of adding lime juice and lemongrass to it.

• vanyabriggs
    Options
    The lemon grass and lime makes it for me .. I like the sharp sour taste !! Well I made my drink last night for the fridge this morning and I was pleased to see ur was still drinkable ! Not separated like the old smoothie makers do!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Nutribullet makes smoothies, not juice, right? It keeps all the pulp and just breaks it down?

Anyway, just log the veg and fruit (and whatever else) you add -- it won't change the calories.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Just weigh and log the calories of everything you're putting in the blender. Remember that if you're adding any sort of milk this will need to be counted too.

Frozen fruit, especially berries, are really convenient to keep in the house to throw into the smoothie.
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    the nutribullet is NOT a juicer. at all. full stop.

the nutribullet is a blender. so measure whatever foods you're putting into it, input those into your food diary, and you'll have all the relevant info. its no different from eating the whole food aside from it's in liquid form. it retains fibre, and the glycemic index is only slightly raised.