weight loss after pregnancy

Options
2»

Replies

• 007lt
    007lt Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    has anyone notice their hips going down and thigh area losing fat.. if so how did you get that to happen! ! lool
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    007lt wrote: »
    has anyone notice their hips going down and thigh area losing fat.. if so how did you get that to happen! ! lool

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as fat loss spot reduction. Meaning you can't say, "I only want to lose weight in my thighs, so I'm going to do 100 squats!" It's not going to happen. Eat at a calorie deficit and it will come off.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    kid 1. started at 218.
    i was 21
    gained 50 lbs. took me almost 3 years to lose.

kid 2. started at 218
    i was 24
    gained 50 lbs. lost it in about a year. within two years i had lost 120 lbs total.

kid 3. weighed 155 when i found out i was pregnant.
    i am 32, 31 when she was born.
    gained 50 lbs. 7 months later and i've still got 10-15 lbs to go.

i was finally starting to be comfortable with my belly/body.
    it took me several years after kid 2 to get to that point.
  • 007lt
    007lt Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    007lt wrote: »

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as fat loss spot reduction. Meaning you can't say, "I only want to lose weight in my thighs, so I'm going to do 100 squats!" It's not going to happen. Eat at a calorie deficit and it will come off.

yes I know this. I wa just asking if anyone has noticed their body slimming down in those particular places. alot of women gain more weight on hips and thighs so I just wanted to hear if there is hope that the fat will slowly.melt.off lol. I am eating healthy and working out when I can thogh
  • hannahwilder23
    hannahwilder23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 19, I didn't weigh myself when I was pregnant but a month or two after giving birth I wasn't far from my pre-pregnancy weight at all. I'm breast feeding which may have helped? I'm now 17 weeks PP and only 4lbs heavier than I was before I found out I was pregnant, now just working towards the same goal I was before pregnancy haha. I'm much less toned now than I was before (especially around my belly) so that's my main focus x
  • Lazeree
    Lazeree Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I gained 28lbs this time, I am 6 weeks post natal and I have lost 21lbs. Unfortunately I already needed to lose weight and so have 66lb to lose still. If anyone would like to help motivate me that would be super!
  • tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and just had my second child. Not much help. I'm just going to bump as also need help