Diet during pregnancy with an eating disorder.

Good morning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving. Although I have posted "Diet and exercise during pregnancy" in the motivation and support forum I decided to also post in the exercise forum "Exercise during pregnancy" as well as here. Plese feel free to look at those posts as well and give any advice that you possibly can.

You see, I am just about at my 9th week of pregnancy and am struggling between my eating disorder and feeding for the child. Right now I am managing about one small meal daily. In reality I barely eat enough for a standard person, let alone for two... its not as simple as people think. I can't just magically eat more my body can't handle it I even tried to do so. I really need assistance in getting the most nutrition possible out of small meals and help with meal planning. Please any assistance is appriciated.

Replies

• mk732
    mk732 Posts: 17 Member
    I think you need to speak to a doctor about this.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Your doctor will likely set you up with a therapist and an RD to monitor your weight with blind weighing.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Does your OBGYN know about your eating disorder, and are you seeing a therapist for treatment as well? If so does that doctor know about your pregnancy?

I don't have any advice other than to say make sure your medical team is up to date, be honest with them about everything, and congratulations on the baby!
  • LoveLessAngel
    LoveLessAngel Posts: 12 Member
    My so called therapist only cares about discussing organization skills when I try to bring up something other than that she brushes me off and carries on with what she wants to do. Been trying to switch for months
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    My so called therapist only cares about discussing organization skills when I try to bring up something other than that she brushes me off and carries on with what she wants to do. Been trying to switch for months

Find a new therapist go to your obgyn get help before it hurts your baby.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Go to your OB and get referred to a registered Dietitian. You should also tell your OB about this because it's a very serious matter not to be taken lightly. And find a new therapist ASAP.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Good morning everyone and Happy Thanksgiving. Although I have posted "Diet and exercise during pregnancy" in the motivation and support forum I decided to also post in the exercise forum "Exercise during pregnancy" as well as here. Plese feel free to look at those posts as well and give any advice that you possibly can.

You see, I am just about at my 9th week of pregnancy and am struggling between my eating disorder and feeding for the child. Right now I am managing about one small meal daily. In reality I barely eat enough for a standard person, let alone for two... its not as simple as people think. I can't just magically eat more my body can't handle it I even tried to do so. I really need assistance in getting the most nutrition possible out of small meals and help with meal planning. Please any assistance is appriciated.

Posting the same thing on multiple forums is a violation of our community guidelines.

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.