12.5 months!!!

Options
The beginning of November 2014 my sister and I decided we would lose weight together. I was at my heaviest ever, I was embarrassed by how much I weighed, I was uncomfortable and definitely punishing myself with food. Yes I say punish because I used food as a weapon against myself, I'm sad...I carbo load, I'm upset.... I carbo load, something went sideways...you guessed it, carbs. When my sister and I started I weighed 280 pounds, my sister didn't want to know but when I told her my beginning weight a few weeks later she was in disbelief. What we did share was our goal weights. I'm 5'81/2 she's 5'9.

I chose a weight if 178, she chose 175. As I've gone along this journey, I've changed my goal downward but for me 178 was the goal I felt if I hit, I could/would go on to a lifestyle change. Well today, 54 weeks later, I reach 178 pounds. My official weigh day and I cried, I believed myself worth it, began to transform my thinking and now have clothes that fit properly. But more importantly I've put down my weapon of choice, think and set myself to achieving my goal. I think I'll go for another 6 pounds, but for me I reached that goal that was so illusive.

I say all this to say if I can, you can...just believe. When I get to 172 I'll post pics!!!

Replies

• LilDebbieG71
    LilDebbieG71 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What an incredible accomplishment!! Congratulations on achieving your goal and thank you for encouraging others to believe in themselves. I needed to hear that today...so thank you :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent post. Very well done!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hitting your goal weight enjoy the next chapter
  • treebek
    treebek Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great work! It's not easy, but it's SOOOOOOO worth it!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    How beautiful. Good work <3
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic success story. You give others hope when you share your success.
  • gardnerslater
    gardnerslater Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    To those that took the time to read this and reply, thank you....we can do this
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! So proud of and happy for you! Woo Hoo!
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    !!!!!! amazing results! Curious, how did your sister do?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work and you'll reach your goal.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I praise you for the dedication and work it took to lose all that weight. Amazing. I can't wait to see you at 172. It is also interesting that you pinpointed that carbs were your biggest downfall..that had to help you in your journey.
  • gardnerslater
    Options
    My sister continued the journey for avwhile then fizzled out, the weight she had lost when I saw her 4 months ago she had gained back. I will see her tomorrow. No one in my family knows how much I've lost, when I last saw them I weighed 21 lbs more.

Thanksgiving will be interesting....and a challenge. I am preparing for the negative comments, too much food and questions
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep feeling good. You have accomplished a lot.
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Great work!! Let us know how things went for Thanksgiving!
  • Newmomma1983
    Newmomma1983 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    That's amazing I just started my journey! I can't wait to be where you are! Sw-271 cw-267 gw-135
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    We are the same height so I am familiar with the moving weight goal (the whole: knowing I'll look "good" at it, but could go lower too).

Soooo, how did T-day go?
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    You rock! (and made me tear up) Awesome job!
  • gardnerslater
    Options
    Awwwwwww, I didn't mean to, but this is so serious for our health. I got together with family for the holiday and felt ' normal' for the first time in years.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!