Help ate too much on Thanksgiving

Options
Ok so I had a game plan for the holidays but I def failed at it tonight I started my day off good with a light breakfast and thought I had a plan for dinner but once I started cooking and appetizers were out I did a complete binge ate more tonight i think then in the last 7 mths now I am left very bloated and sick any advice or input on what I should eat / drink or do today and tom to detox and feel better didn't know I would get this sick from overeating but alot of what I ate tonight I haven't ate in over a year no negative comments please really feeling terrible both physically and mentally right now TIA

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your body will detox itself. Just move on tomorrow as usual.
  • CTurquoisedreams
    CTurquoisedreams Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its a "HOLIDAY" Comes once a year!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    It's Thanksgiving. Let it go.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    No need to detox, there's nothing to detox from. I'm sorry you're feeling poorly, but it will pass.

Just get back on track tomorrow and you'll feel better.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Every day brings a brand new opportunity to do better.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Just log it and move on. It's just one day.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Echo what everyone else says. It's one day. Don't make a habit of it. You will feel better tomorrow, and tomorrow is a new day. Stay positive.
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    The next meal is a new start. No reason to feel bad or beat yourself up over it. No need to detox.
    Some people find that drinking mint tea helps relieve the symptoms caused by overeating. Also walking, think gentle stroll. If you feel acid indigestion you might consider taking something for it and sleep with your head and upper body slightly elevated.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Are you able to exercise?

You increased your calories in. You could just take charge of the situation and increase your calories out.

I know lots of people that do a 5K run today. I did a bike ride with friends. 42 miles that burned off my extra intake.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Forget about it and move on.

Don't punish yourself with additional exercise or a larger deficit tomorrow either. Just carry on per your normal plan.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Just move on. Get back to your normal eating and exercising routine tomorrow.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    A starlight mint or some peppermint tea can help your belly feel a bit better. But mostly you just need to sleep off the discomfort and let it go. One big meal isn't going to ruin your long term success. Remember this feeling the next time you feel like stuffing in more food than is comfortable. That might mean forcing yourself to stop before you "feel full". Learn from this experience and it won't be a wasted day at all.
  • meglet2202
    meglet2202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I ate way too much, then ate some more. Didn't drink any water today, but I did run a 5K. Anyhow, just weighed myself and there was no gain. It's all going to be fine. Luckily, I feel horrible, so I definitely won't be doing this again until Christmas, lol.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me: I do not need to detox from food.

You overate. You're not used to eating that much food, and richer food than you've grown accustomed to. You know it will pass, and quickly.

Go back to your routine, maybe work in some extra exercise, and the blip on the scale will go away in pretty short order.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I logged everything to the best of my ability. I also ate way more than I am used to and my tummy was NOT HAPPY, but when I counted in my exercise calories it was really not that big a deal. I was actually less than 200 calories over my usual goal.

I took some Tums and drank some bubbly water and I am feeling better now.

I know that I didn't get to be 150 pounds overweight with just one meal, I didn't lose 113 pounds in just 1 day and there will be lots more feast days in my future. It what we do on the in-between days that counts.

You'll be fine. Give youself grace and just let it go.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Chewable papaya is wonderful for indigestion. Chamomile tea might be helpful, too. I've overeaten by 1000 calories a day (mostly from alcohol) a number of times since July 29th, at least once a week, sometimes twice but I've managed to lose 23.5 pounds since then. Just jump back on the wagon the next day and it won't do any harm. Don't stress about it, as I feel that adds to the problem. Just accept you did it, be happy you did it, and then keep marching on. Best of luck to you.
  • sweetiepie781
    sweetiepie781 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone and its more how I am left to feel physically vs mentally def feel bad that I didn't stick with my plan today but eating what I did has left me feeling very ill so wasn't sure if I could eat / drink /take anything to relieve my upset stomach and to feel better in the morning
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Tums
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Make the next right choice. Remember the feeling of illness from eating so much to help you avoid a future binge.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Great news! tomorrow is a new day :) don't stress. Start fresh tomorrow.