50+ pounds to lose, new group!

Options
Hello all,

There was at one point a very active 50+ pounds to lose group on here, but it was deleted over the last week. I started a new one. Please join, pass it on, and start posting!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/110123-50-pounds-to-lose

Here's the skinny:

Welcome to the new 50+ lbs to lose MFP group!

We welcome people at all points in their weight-loss journey, but cater to those who are looking to lose (or are in the process of losing) 50 or more pounds.

One of the best indicators of success in weight-loss is support, so let's be each others cheerleaders as we embark on, or continue this journey to health and wellness.

This is an inclusive community open to people of every shape, size, gender, orientation, race, and religion/lack thereof. Please no hate speech. This is a positive place, so please no body shaming either!

Let's help each other achieve our goals!

::Sorry for the reposts, but I want to get the word out.::

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, what happened to the group? If it got deleted due to a glitch, there may be a way to remedy that.
  • cobwebel
    cobwebel Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Oh dear, what happened to the group? If it got deleted due to a glitch, there may be a way to remedy that.

I'm not really sure? I know that the creator of the group could have deleted? Or perhaps it was a mistake. Haven't heard one way or the other. But at least this will give people a place for the time being, or maybe permanently if it's actually gone.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Oh no!!!! All our data!
  • tmcat111
    tmcat111 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I guess we just start a new group then. I think we'll be fine, I don't think many of the people in that group are even still on mfp. B)
  • Audi3160
    Audi3160 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm in. I've had mfp acct for awhile now and didn't use it to its full potential. Today is a new day and I'm challenging myself to do and get better. I am determined to lose weight. I have about 80 lbs to lose.
  • julesderamos
    julesderamos Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in too. Please feel free to send me a friend request so we can cheer ourselves up! Way to go!!!
  • Sharoney123
    Sharoney123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Please add me as a friend :)
  • disturbedlusha
    disturbedlusha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too id love to join. Looking to lose alot. Please add Me as a friend
  • mikeyb156
    mikeyb156 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Needing help to drop 5 stone, running isn't an option at the moment. Any ideas?
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Count me in please. I've been off and on MFP for a few years. Need to be better. I had gone from 325 down to 240, them stuck around 250 for the longest time...now due to medical issues and lack of activity have gained back 25 to 30 lbs. I have a lot of knee issues that mean I need total knee replacement but they won't do until I drop bmi to 35 to 40, currently 46. I'm finding it hard to get back at it.
  • daniellebennett3532
    Options
    I'm in! I want to lose 60 more pounds. I already lost 50. My starting weight is 246 and I want to be at 135lbs. I'm 5'4.