Just started, Need support to lose 80lbs!

Options
I just started this morning and Im so excited to start losing!. I really need to lose 80-100 pounds my Mom and step dad both were diagnosed with diabetes in the last year and I dont want to be next . I have 3 wonderful little boys and an awesomely supportive hubby, but would like friends on here too!

Replies

• starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:)
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    hello and welcome, you have come to a great community where many people are finding the support they need to succeed. Remember to start slow, and but keep moving. Best of luck, you can add me a as a friend if you like.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Hey Welcome!!! Good Luck on your journey i started in january and set to loose 90 lbs i have 56 to go. There are amazing people on here that help and care and seeing there progress keeps me in check. I too am a mom of 3.. Again welcome feel free to add me.
  • reenpayne
    reenpayne Posts: 21
    Options
    You can do it!!!! the support on here is awesome, you also have to remember to take one day at a time. It's a journey not a race. Make the lifestyle change not just for you but for your children. Welcome aboard, I would love for you to add me as a friend.
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Glad you are making a commitment to improve your health!!!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP!! you will absolutely LOVE it! (and become addicted to health/fitness!! beware!!) haha!

good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Welcome to the community. It is a great place. You can add me if you wish!!!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • kelleyflanagan
    Options
    Im looking to loose 80lbs also. I signed up a month ago.. didnt really try and last week just said I have to do this. So, I started. I also have a mother who has diabetes. Its scary thing. I decided to this because Im getting married and just want to get healthy! Im 5'7 and weight 236. i would love to weight 160! Good luck and I know we can all do it!
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    thanks for the add, lets do this adn get it off! :)
  • KrisyD
    KrisyD Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do this! It's a lifestyle change
  • bbklavan
    bbklavan Posts: 2
    Options
    Welcome - good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • becksini
    becksini Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I hope you succeed with your goal and become a healthy and happier person!
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP. This is a great place to find support and encouragement. Sent you a friend request.
    If anyone else is looking for a friend feel free to add me.