Constipation

Options
2»

Replies

• lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Up fiber and take a digestive enzyme maybe :)
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »
    Trampoline. Seriously.

LAUGHING A LOT. LETS HOPE NOT TOO EFFECTIVE!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Drink some warm prune juice move on. Horrible topic.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Traditional Medicinals makes a tea called Smooth Move. It's basically a senna tea that has ginger, dandelion root, licorice root, and a couple of other herbs that aid in digestion. Steep it for ten minutes in a cup of hot water and drink. It doesn't taste bad since the licorice gives it a natural hint of sweetness. I usually get relief in about 10-12 hours. It sometimes makes me a little gassy and the movement a little loose, but it's much more gentle than a OTC laxative. It works for me every time.

If you can find senna herb by itself, you could make a tea if that and it would do basically the same thing.

Magnesium in high enough concentrations can relieve constipation as well, but I can't remember which form of magnesium off of the top of my head. I think that it's either citrate or malate.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,930 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I was just talking to someone the other day who said when she ate the Quest bars, she had trouble moving her bowels. So many MFP people eat those things and I've never seen one complain about digestive issues.

But I'm curious. Do you eat protein bars?

I had a Quest S'Mores bar the other day and it was incredibly nasty artifically tasting. It had no discernible affect on my digestive system but my taste buds are still traumatized.
  • JanineAytekin
    JanineAytekin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had that problem too. Squats truly help and yoga. Also making sure you eat enough fat.
  • theutahdesertfox
    theutahdesertfox Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    When I have that problem I have a tablespoon of oil, a black coffee, abdomen massage...and good to go.

dude, that sounds like something Id only want to try while in VERY close vicinity to a toilet...haha!
  • WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    When I have gone low carb, even with taking in lots of roughage by eating a lot of vegetables, I often get very constipated. No place that I have asked has ever given me a satisfying explanation of what is actually happening with my body. But I do know that bumping up refined carb intake by a couple servings per day makes a big difference for me. Perhaps your system is similar.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I was just talking to someone the other day who said when she ate the Quest bars, she had trouble moving her bowels. So many MFP people eat those things and I've never seen one complain about digestive issues.

But I'm curious. Do you eat protein bars?

I had a Quest S'Mores bar the other day and it was incredibly nasty artifically tasting. It had no discernible affect on my digestive system but my taste buds are still traumatized.

Did you heat it up? Makes a huge difference.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Eat a few dried prunes each day.