165+ Lbs get down to 125-130Lbs??? Please post pics!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    So how did you all do it? What do you eat/ not eat! And can you lose weight without exercise if you just stay under or at your calorie goal?

I eat whatever I want, as long as it fits my calorie budget. I'm in this for the long term, so I never eat anything just because I think I *have* to eat it. I also don't do cheat days. I don't like the idea of splurging on "cheat" foods in one go. Instead, I give myself a cheat meal or treat nearly everyday.
    However, I do have some restrictions. By personal choice, born out of a dislike for America's fast food culture, I no longer eat out. I stick strictly to home cooked meals. I still eat processed foods, just not as much as I used to, and I'm always on the lookout for healthier/lower-calorie alternatives.
    The first 20-25 lbs I lost, though, I did while pretty much eating candy, cake, pizza, chips, etc., so realize that it really doesn't matter what you eat for weight loss. The quality of my food preferences just changed as I found myself caring more and more about the quality of food I chose to consume.
    I also do cardio six days a week and have a rest day for recovery stretches.
    I highly recommend looking at all the food behaviors and advice out there, and then choosing a plan or combination of eating plans that works best for you. Weight loss is not a one-size-fits-all thing. The only rule you have to follow to lose weight is less calories in, more calories out. Your method of doing that is completely up to you. That's the beauty of weight management. :)
    So, in answer to your question, yes, you CAN lose weight without exercise, but it'll take longer than if you did do some exercise. Time will pass anyways, so that's not necessarily a bad thing, but if you're slightly impatient like me, you'll want to move more to burn more. Haha. I hope that you at least try something before completely ruling out exercise. Remember, exercise is beneficial and doesn't have to be intense or painful; yoga, cycling, dancing, hiking, walking, etc. are all fun ways to get keep active.

Great thank you so much
  • deeecruz
    deeecruz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    165lbs-135lbs cr5td6dq21xu.jpeg
  • 2bfit_2016
    2bfit_2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am currently 157lbs I started my journey at 230.3 lbs so I've lost 73.3 lbs and right now my goal is to also get down to 130 lbs. The last 27 lbs are getting harder to lose I can tell it's becoming more of a challenge but I'm hopeful that it will happen eventually as long as I'm persistent
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    2bfit_2016 wrote: »
    I am currently 157lbs I started my journey at 230.3 lbs so I've lost 73.3 lbs and right now my goal is to also get down to 130 lbs. The last 27 lbs are getting harder to lose I can tell it's becoming more of a challenge but I'm hopeful that it will happen eventually as long as I'm persistent

Wow that's awesome you've already came a long way! You can for sure make it to your goal!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6''. My starting point was 165 and I now weigh 133 (in less than 6 months). My goal is to get down to 125 and keep a buffer zone between 125-130. No pics, but I went from a size 12 and am now wearing a size 4. Totally doable, totally worth it.
  • JonathanLouisa
    JonathanLouisa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    aes1219 wrote: »
    Was 164 now 134. Goal weight 124?

h8ztjjqxjuef.jpg
    40hwq6fkgunc.png
    gjee1zmmg6z9.png

You look gorgeous! Great work!!
  • tmcclure356
    tmcclure356 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • julie_bee_123
    julie_bee_123 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So how did you all do it? What do you eat/ not eat! And can you lose weight without exercise if you just stay under or at your calorie goal?

I was 164 when I started (I'm 5'8") and I'm now at 144. Nine more pounds to my goal! I didn't exercise because, well, I hate it, and I didn't eat anything special. I just ate my calorie amounts and that was it. I started the first part of August, so it really hasn't even taken that long or been THAT hard. It was very hard for the first month, but after that, now it's just a habit. There has only been one day that I "cheated" and that was on Thanksgiving, when I ate anything and everything I wanted. And honestly, if I counted up those calories I don't think it would be THAT much over my goal amount because I have gotten so used to the amounts I've been eating.

I recently reset my goal to only being 1/2 a pound a week to make it easier on myself through the holidays. (And also to save myself money. I keep having to buy new pants for work because the old ones are falling off!) Still, I haven't really noticed that much difference in the way I look, and few people comment on it because they don't notice. I think because I'm taller and the weight was evenly distributed. Only my husband says he can tell.

I think this might be my first post here, so hello, all!
  • hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I had done it! Then I broke my foot and it all found be back. But my focus is renewed and I soon plan on being back down to the 130's. Even the 140's sound good to me right now!

I'm 5'5, started at 165, after is 135

2zcwcx0oayy1.jpg

2cidjwa49gwa.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!