Looking for mid lifers

Options
littleladie13
littleladie13 Posts: 11 Member
edited November 2015 in Getting Started
Looking for midlifer friends that want to loose over 40lbs. Let's support each other for the long haul. I feel we have different challenges with our aging bodies. Lol. Add me as a friend.

Replies

• carolkinsman
    carolkinsman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a midlife with about 30 lbs to lose. I'm also new here so would like to add some friends who are motivated to support each other. I'll send a friend request.
  • perirn
    perirn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm there... with about 70to loose. I'll send a request.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I am 48, lost 48 lbs and willing to help/share. Anyone feel free to add me
  • debsm62
    debsm62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and need to loose 100. Love to be part of iy
  • Jussilu
    Jussilu Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and so ready to make some changes. This is my first post ever. Feel free to add me. Thanks
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and due lots of couch potatoing I'm up 30 lbs over my normal weight. It's not as easy as it was even just a few years ago. I'd love some more mid life friends, especially shorties
    __
  • CourticeMommy2016
    Options
    I am 48.. busy mom of 4 kids (5 if you include my hubby) I have alot to lose. I was 265. I am now down to 230lbs.. but I want to get down to 180lbs. I just found this site and I would love to find people that are around my age to help me stay in track. I am the type of personal that looks after everyone else and forgets to look after myself. Please add me as a friend if you would like to be a diet buddy!
  • gigiloriaustin
    gigiloriaustin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is my first post. I'm 51 I have lost 27 pounds in 6 months. I'm on my last 10 pounds. Been working on the same 10 pounds for a few months now. I can be a motivator because I sure could use one.
  • cheritwin
    cheritwin Posts: 14 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi I am turning 51 in February. I have lost about 15 pounds over the last three months and have about 20-25 to go. Two kids in college, 2 in high school, 2 adult step kids. Lots of changes and challenges coming up in my life in the next few years and I am determined to feel in control of my body, health, weight, fitness, and self-image, especially in the midst of a lot of uncertainty.
    This is my first post and I'm not quite sure how to find/follow this specific thread in the future. Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • gigiloriaustin
    Options
    cheritwin wrote: »
    Hi I am turning 51 in February. I have lost about 15 pounds over the last three months and have about 20-25 to go. Two kids in college, 2 in high school, 2 adult step kids. Lots of changes and challenges coming up in my life in the next few years and I am determined to feel in control of my body, health, weight, fitness, and self-image, especially in the midst of a lot of uncertainty.
    This is my first post and I'm not quite sure how to find/follow this specific thread in the future. Please feel free to add me as a friend!

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    We might have different challenges but we also have different motivation. It's more about life and health than merely appearance. Many of us have lived with the consequences of poor choices.
    SW 301
    CW 181
    GW 150
    18 months
    Ok to add me if you want to be an active friend. I don't need any more silent or lurkers on my friends list.
  • gigiloriaustin
    Options
    Hi Cheritwin
    I have had a lot of life changes and still going through challenges for the last 5 years. I have Three adult kids two are married. I have two grandsons and a step granddaughter. I had been over weight since 2000. I finally decided to take control over my weight so I would feel better about myself.

Its good you have lost 15. Keep going! How are you losing yours. I started out with all protein diet. I have been putting carbs I'm but found out I've been putting to much in and not enough exercise. Now I need to cut the carbs out again. That's harder than you really think. :) I'm also got to work out more in a week. I'm geeting in at least twice a week but I need 4 times a week. Tell me how your losing your weight.
  • paula000036
    paula000036 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi I'm 52 and seem to have some stubborn tummy weight that I never used to have - (really want to lose 2 dress sizes before May and I look forward to posting a pic on here when I have and I'm happy with how I looked on my wedding day! :) ) looking for mutual support
  • sjb050
    sjb050 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi . I am 50. Need to lose 50 pounds. Been too busy taking care of others to concentrate on me. Want to be healthy. Looking for helpful hints
  • cog62
    cog62 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53 and I have a binge eating habit that I am breaking. I have lots of weight to shed and need to only think about the next 24 hours. If I do it correctly for the next 24, then the results will show up. Wishing the best for everyone and sending love and support!
  • Kayali93
    Kayali93 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am 47, need to lose 50 pounds and could really use motivation and support and any help I can get to get this weight off!!
  • littleladie13
    Options
    Thank you all for responding to my post!! Now that one holiday is out of the way, let's aim to eat a balanced diet till the next one. Please share what eating and or exercise size plan you are following.

I would like for us to journal and complete Mimi challenges to help us change habits. Let me know if your "in"and we will start.

Happy Sunday!
  • littleladie13
    Options
    Also. Looking for a "group name". Any suggestions?
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Losing weight at any age is hard but what's life without challenges lol. I've been on this journey now for 6 months & am down 68 pounds, i have around 30 to 50 to go. It's been an adventure & i have learned lots along the way. I've hit a wall this last while & am learning now to dig in & push through.
    All the best to you all in this journey :)
    & do feel free to add me if you would like another buddy
  • looneymom
    looneymom Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 48 lost 46 lbs already with 51 to loose yet.