I just can't get over the mental game of losing weight

Options
I'm not overweight but I want to be shredded I always just give up when it gets tough. I've tried probably 4-5 times in the past 2 years and II can never stick it through... help

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    Keep trying until it's important enough to you, I guess.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You have to want it bad enough. Find something you will love to do and then getting fit will be easy.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    If it gets so tough that you give up, you either don't want it enough or you are being extreme in how you are going about it. Be sensible and choose goals that are sustainable for the long haul instead of trying to get to your end goal in a short time frame, which is pretty much impossible for most people.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    The first step towards a goal is wanting it.

That said, perhaps you're making it harder than it needs to be. Since you say you aren't overweight, your body fat might be low enough to just eat *slightly* over maintenance and do a simple yet effective progressive lifting program like stronglifts. That will take very little sacrifice.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    If it gets so tough that you give up, you either don't want it enough or you are being extreme in how you are going about it. Be sensible and choose goals that are sustainable for the long haul instead of trying to get to your end goal in a short time frame, which is pretty much impossible for most people.

This.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Getting "shredded" is tough. What is your reason for wanting to get that way? Most people cannot sustain a shredded look for very long because it is so difficult. And if you are trying to get there quickly, it's even more miserable.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    the1fame wrote: »
    I'm not overweight but I want to be shredded I always just give up when it gets tough. I've tried probably 4-5 times in the past 2 years and II can never stick it through... help

It is tough

If you want it, tough it out

Nobody can do it for you
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You can either grind or give up. The choice is yours.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Change your goals to something you can do.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't tough then everyone would be walking around shredded.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Looks like the OP has already given up, since they haven't returned to their thread.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I've gained and lost my determination several times, but overall, I'm still losing albeit slowly overall. I either lose several pounds a month or go a couple of months without losing or even gaining a pound or two. When I first started, I was very determined and didn't quit. Now that I'm looking a lot better (but am still 25 lbs. overweight), I'm not as determined as I was. I'll get there; meanwhile, I'm maintaining very well.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Keep trying until it's important enough to you, I guess.

This.

To achieve your desired 'look', you have to put the work in. Bottom line - it isn't going to be 'easy'. You have to physically and mentally commit to the process. For years, I started work-out routines and stopped soon after with some kind of excuse. Really - I just couldn't be bothered.

Once it became important enough to me, I started and never stopped.