New and looking for some friends!

Options
Hi all,
I'm new here and am looking for some friends to help keep each other accountable and encourage each other.

I have a history of eating disorders, so I don't really weigh myself ever, but I would guess I have about 50 pounds I'd like to lose. More importantly, I want to be able to run and bike like I used to without my knees and shins hurting. I also have a few psychiatric disorders that are greatly helped by exercise and healthy eating, so I decided to finally get serious about this and help myself feel good again.

Anyway, that's the short(ish) version of why I'm here. If anyone wants to friend me to cheer each other on, that would be great. I find myself struggling to talk to anyone besides my mother and my partner about my struggles with my body, so more community would be awesome.

Replies

• hannahcall2
    hannahcall2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! So cool you found yourself here. Best of wishes!
  • expandedplum
    expandedplum Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me! So cool you found yourself here. Best of wishes!
    Added! And thank you!
  • reazzouz
    reazzouz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In exactly the same position myself! Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)
  • expandedplum
    Options
    reazzouz wrote: »
    In exactly the same position myself! Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)

Same to you! :)
  • katherinekuo
    katherinekuo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I definitely need motivation as well! Added you :smile:
  • expandedplum
    Options
    I definitely need motivation as well! Added you :smile:
    Great! Thanks for the add :)

• iamdosaniprahar
    iamdosaniprahar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We are on the same path... I also need to lose 50 pounds... Friend me and we will bet who loses faster!!
  • Rumster25
    Rumster25 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same! I always do really well and then completely back track! Having a group to help keep me accountable sounds like a great idea :)
  • expandedplum
    Options
    We are on the same path... I also need to lose 50 pounds... Friend me and we will bet who loses faster!!
    I'm happy to friend you, but I'd rather cheer you on than try to beat you ;)
  • expandedplum
    Options
    Rumster25 wrote: »
    Same! I always do really well and then completely back track! Having a group to help keep me accountable sounds like a great idea :)

Great! I friended you!