Looking for mid lifers

Options

Replies

• cheritwin
    cheritwin Posts: 14 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi to all since yesterday! I have not been doing anything special except being absolutely religious about logging everything and staying under my daily calorie goal. I have only had one day that I have gone over. For the most part I eat pretty healthy and try to limit white flour, sugar, and excess carbs. My macro ratio is 25% carbs 35% protein and 40% fat which is more low carb than most people but I find it helps me limit cravings by eating plenty of (healthy) fat and not too many carbs. I have eggs with veggies most mornings, salad with some protein frequently for lunch, and a traditional dinner. I occasionally have toast or put granola on yogurt for breakfast and sometimes I'll have a sandwich at lunch. I have been dealing with some health issues so I have not been exercising. I hope to start again soon and do a couch to 5k program. I was running a lot last year and I really liked it.
    Good luck to all of you!
    I'm in to join a "group!"
  • cheritwin
    Options
    By the way, I am still finding my way around the site. Do any of you have any hints on how to find especially helpful information? Favorite message threads or blog posts etc? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • Kayali93
    Kayali93 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Starting over again today. I am going to make sure I get my veggies and protein in each day. And exercise more- I am currently exercising in a group twice a week for an hour- a lot of HIIT.
    I am also "in" for a group - u am new to "talking" to people on here so not sure how to find things always.
  • mmkarten
    mmkarten Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group! I am 42, working mother of two, and despite a healthy diet and good work out plan, the scale is slowly moving in the wrong direction - I'll send a request.
  • carcharm
    carcharm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too would like to join this group. I fear I may be a bit older than most at 55. I can't believe I let myself go this far. I have 100 lbs to lose. 2016 is going to be the year I start to feel better about myself. I am an empty nester with a recent job change. I want to be more aware of what I am eating and make it a point to exercise even just 20 min a day. Is there any advice for binge eating? Good resources? Thanks!
  • kristyn927
    kristyn927 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Would love to join you all :) I'm 41 with 30 lbs to lose at the least!!!
  • cheritwin
    Options
    Hello all! Just checking in and saying hello. I walked/ran for the first time in over two months yesterday (I have been dealing with some health issues). That is a great NSV for me! Hope you are all doing well.
  • kmadden74
    kmadden74 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Im 45 and needing to get back on a healthy eating track! I have 5 kids all under the age of 16 and 4 are girls
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! (I think mostly all ladies on here). My name is Rae and I'm a 55 year old working on becoming fit and fabulous for life! I've been on My Fitness Pal journey since last January but still have a ways to go. It's been a slow process, but I'm getting there and having fun along the way. I would love to support any of you in your journey. I primarily eat a Mediterranean style diet and am gluten-free. I try to log in my food diary every day and it is open to my friends so you can see what I'm eating. I also do some type of exercise nearly every day. I'm very active on MFP and would love to be friends with like-minded ladies. If you also plan to be active and post daily, please send me a friend request.

I would suggest that someone create an actual "group" for this group, so that we'll have a place to go easily and not have to search for this thread every day. (I would do it, but I'm already co-leading a couple other groups.)
  • CandFam
    CandFam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also mid-life and have over 50 lbs to lose. I've just been checking out this site, as well as a couple of others to see which would be more useful. I think having a support group can be very helpful. I was on the South Beach diet some years ago and thought logging my food and exercise made a big difference. I've had lyme disease, and arthritis. The recommendations are to begin gently with exercise, including stretching and improving range of motion, and then working up to calisthenics and strengthening exercise to an hour, but I'll be doing that slowly, while trying to eat very clean. I'd love to develop a supportive group here. The pain is never-ending, so it would be very helpful to have a support group to check in with to be sure I keep active.
  • Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    cheritwin wrote: »
    By the way, I am still finding my way around the site. Do any of you have any hints on how to find especially helpful information? Favorite message threads or blog posts etc? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

• Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    Hi. I am new to all of this As well. if anyone an give us information on how to navigate that would be great.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    cheritwin wrote: »

Here are a couple of great threads that helped me a lot:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • humphrys
    humphrys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in! But I don't have a clue what that means. Not sure how to start a group or add friends, but I will learn. I am 46 and my metabolism changed dramatically. I am just starting and frankly every pound will be a goal achieved...but hoping for about 37 lbs. also, I am Canadian if there are any other Canucks out there!
  • Lesann68
    Lesann68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, this is my first post. I'll be 47 next week and thanks to menopause and stress I've got about 80 pounds to lose. I'm on a mission to get healthy! I quit smoking 4 months ago and now I'm ready to tackle my weight. I've struggled with my weight my entire life but have managed to keep it within healthy range until I hit 45 and it just started packing on! I would love to join your midlifers group for some friendly motivation & support.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48 and been on MFP for a little over a year. I've lost 31 pounds so far and I've got about 19 more to reach my original goal of losing 50 pounds. I'm an active poster on on MFP, post a couple of blog posts a month and am there to support my friends. 382 days straight of logging food and exercise. I went from being "plus sized" to a misses 14. Haven't been this light since the mid-90's. Feel free to add me :)
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Mid lifer here as well. Now on maintenance - lost almost 50lbs. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • itzmytime2B
    itzmytime2B Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am looking for midlife friends too. I have about 20 - 25 to lose but at age 52 it might as well be a gazillion. Anyone can add me.