Gain muscle weight?

Options
Anyone wanting to gain weight?

Replies

• musclesandmusic866
    musclesandmusic866 Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Always a battle....to gain muscle and not fat!
  • kayturnip
    kayturnip Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning my journey to gain weight and muscle. Definitely a challenge as I already see my belly starting to get fat, yikes!
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yes muscle mass. Gained mass, lost it and now rebuilding.
  • MrBozz
    MrBozz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Been on a journey towards becoming a personal trainer and learning a lot. AVOID all the unnaturally enhanced junk they shouldn't call food k. Hormones in cows and gmo processed grains kill our natural hormones and healthy testosterone/men and estrogen/women. Our bodies need carbs to break down fats so no carb free k (can actually mess up your "Krebs cycle" and leave you with kidney stones and failure). Resistance train aerobic train and eat "real food" fats and carbs actually encourage belly burning testosterone and estrogen. Brussel sprouts, asparagus, organic beef, salmon, spinach instead of salad, nuts like almonds, and AVOID sugars k. Good luck
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    MrBozz wrote: »
    Been on a journey towards becoming a personal trainer and learning a lot. AVOID all the unnaturally enhanced junk they shouldn't call food k. Hormones in cows and gmo processed grains kill our natural hormones and healthy testosterone/men and estrogen/women. Our bodies need carbs to break down fats so no carb free k (can actually mess up your "Krebs cycle" and leave you with kidney stones and failure). Resistance train aerobic train and eat "real food" fats and carbs actually encourage belly burning testosterone and estrogen. Brussel sprouts, asparagus, organic beef, salmon, spinach instead of salad, nuts like almonds, and AVOID sugars k. Good luck

K no thanks
  • MrBozz
    MrBozz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

K no thanks

Please be nice, I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I'm excited and was only trying to share what I have learned/heard so far. Not saying I'm an expert at all just trying to share/possibly help. What do you recommend?
  • rupertspenser
    rupertspenser Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    yeah looking to gain muscle, and keep lean :D
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

Personal Trainer for about 20 years now (in fitness for 30) and can tell you that what you're "learning" is a lot of broscience. Especially from what you're opining about nutrition.
    Realize that NOT EVERYONE wants to be a fitness buff and that extremes like that aren't needed at all to gain muscle.
    OP stick to the basics: moderate calorie surplus with enough protein, progressive overload weight training with some high volume.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• kobie_woolf
    kobie_woolf Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been working on gaining for a long time. It's definitely a process! Ever have questions or need motivation let me know!
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I've been bulking the last few months but my coach is going to have me do a recomp now.
  • AoifeElmo
    AoifeElmo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Trying after many attempts to put on muscle mass. I have long Skinny shapeless limbs and always struggle with a bloated belly. The last 5 months I've seen progress. Consistency is the key. I work out 4 days a week, pilates and weights at home. Eating pretty healthy. Finally my tummy is getting toned, and I'm putting it down to consistently eating well for 5 straight months which I have never done before. I was a junk food lover. I'm eating more calories of nutrient dense whole foods and it's helping me see better results from my work outs.
  • Coach1970
    Coach1970 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You guys are my inspiration.