Losing Weight to Concieve...80lbs+ to lose!

Options

Losing Weight to Concieve...80lbs+ to lose!

Keffinger22Keffinger22
November 29, 2015 7:46PM in Getting Started
Hi,

My name is Kimberly. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since April 2015 with no luck. I've read a lot of success stories from women that got pregnant after weight loss. I used to be on MFP a lot about 3 years ago but stopped. I'm back now and hoping to go from 5ft 6 inches and 232.2lbs to 145lbs in a year. Back when I used to log, food is the hardest thing for me. I've got a personal trainer, now I just need help with healthy eating. My challenge with food is that I grew up on fast food, never learned to cook and my husband and I are both super picky eaters. I was also diagnosed with PCOS so my body reacts unhealthly to carbs and is a road block to ne getting pregnant and losing weight. I know I'll need help! Anyone on a similar journey that would want to help me?!

Replies

• bananafana21
    bananafana21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my namr is Kymbra. I am losing weight to conceive as well. :) I hope to lose 135 by this time next year. I have PCOS as well. My biggest problem is that I grew up cooking huge meals. :)
  • normatus
    normatus Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sure thing. I have it. I'm not trying to conceive but I am on the weight loss journey.
  • kitkatt0206
    kitkatt0206 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am jumping back on the changing my lifestyle wagon. I hope to loose 80 pounds and praying that it will aid in ttc. We have been trying 2 yrs. I cant go to sleep with tears anymore!!
  • Keffinger22
    Keffinger22 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am jumping back on the changing my lifestyle wagon. I hope to loose 80 pounds and praying that it will aid in ttc. We have been trying 2 yrs. I cant go to sleep with tears anymore!!

I know exactly how you feel! We can do this together! Baby dust to you!
  • Keffinger22
    Options
    normatus wrote: »
    Sure thing. I have it. I'm not trying to conceive but I am on the weight loss journey.

Thank you! I'm excited for us to help each other on our journey!
  • Keffinger22
    Options
    Hi my namr is Kymbra. I am losing weight to conceive as well. :) I hope to lose 135 by this time next year. I have PCOS as well. My biggest problem is that I grew up cooking huge meals. :)

Yay! Baby dust to you! If you make big meals you can portion them out for smaller meals throughout the week! That's what I'm going to try to do :smile:
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I would be more than happy to help you or anyone needing help. I have a similar story (PCOS and infertility) and had tried to lose weight for years. Tried every diet out there and finally was able to do it without a pill or special potion. I'm also a CPT. If you are interested I would be happy to give you some free advice. Just message me. And no I don't promote any MLM scams. Just healthy eating advice and support.
  • Keffinger22
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    I would be more than happy to help you or anyone needing help. I have a similar story (PCOS and infertility) and had tried to lose weight for years. Tried every diet out there and finally was able to do it without a pill or special potion. I'm also a CPT. If you are interested I would be happy to give you some free advice. Just message me. And no I don't promote any MLM scams. Just healthy eating advice and support.

Awesome thank you!
  • cursivememory
    cursivememory Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Look into inositol powder (http://pcosdiva.com/2012/07/de-mystifying-myo-inositol/). It has helped me a lot with PCOS symptoms including losing weight. Also, an easy way to have a home cooked meal is to use a slow cooker-little maintenance and requires little skill, just toss everything in and let it do the rest. :)