"A year is going to go by no matter what."

Options
I realized this morning, that if you stay committed to a healthy active lifestyle, you will see results. I started my journey at 166lbs (my heaviest) and this morning I stepped on the scale and saw 144lbs. One of my friends really inspired me by this quote:

"A year is going to go by no matter what. It's what you do within that year, with that time, that makes a difference."

I remind myself that a week is going to go by, and after that week I will either have lost weight, gained weight, or stayed the same. It's what I do within that week that decides the outcome.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Stay motivated and committed. Results will come with time.

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I agree completely! Well said.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I saw and was motivated by a similar quote: "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. I shall take that with me into the New Year, especially on the days when I am too lazy to exercise.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Agreed!

This is a good reminder for people who feel like losing .5 pounds per week or 1 pound per week is too slow. Even .25 pounds per week. If you start that now, you'll have lost 26 or 52 or 13 pounds by this time next year. That's nothing to sneeze at! It's great progress :)
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I saw and was motivated by a similar quote: "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."

I like that quote - thanks for sharing!!
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Agreed!

This is a good reminder for people who feel like losing .5 pounds per week or 1 pound per week is too slow. Even .25 pounds per week. If you start that now, you'll have lost 26 or 52 or 13 pounds by this time next year. That's nothing to sneeze at! It's great progress :)

Exactly! It's not how fast you can get the weight to come off, it's about staying committed to a healthy lifestyle <3
  • rstrobridge10
    rstrobridge10 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear that - so true! Thank you for sharing. I had to take a rest day yesterday and I felt sooo bad. It made me feel like giving up completely, but here I am, logging my meals, and now that I'm rested, I'm ready to take on my workout tonight! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It is true

And you will feel so much better in a year

Looking back on all you've accomplished :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,036 Member
    Options
    "A year is going to go by no matter what. It's what you do within that year, with that time, that makes a difference."

I remind myself that a week is going to go by, and after that week I will either have lost weight, gained weight, or stayed the same. It's what I do within that week that decides the outcome.

+1

And really ... is eating a bit less and exercising a bit more going to make that week a bad week somehow? Probably not. :)

There was another thread going in another forum, I think, asking the question where we were a year ago. A year ago, I was close to my heaviest weight and just starting to think about the whole eating less, exercising more thing. A year later (now) ... I'm close to the lightest weight I've been as an adult, near the bottom end of my BMI, and feeling so much better.

• lovelymusiclady
    lovelymusiclady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • barryplumber
    barryplumber Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You are so right with your quote. In the past year I myself have dropped 75 lbs and committed to an exercise routine. It's your life and your choice to live it healthy or let it go and become a burden to yourself and others. I credit MFP for a lot of my change but take credit myself for making the commitment to change. One of my biggest motivators is to look at pictures taken a year ago and comparing them to me today and of coarse how I feel health wise {no more blood pressure pills}
  • Bunicular
    Bunicular Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that quote. I start out motivated then lose it - i find that i needed to hear that, i want to look back a year from now and see a difference for the better!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Very true! And it kind of puts slower weight loss rates in perspective, too, doesn't it? Even if you do something like MFP realistically (eg, not always perfectly) & average just a half pound a week loss which you then sustain beyond that year, youre worlds ahead of the folks who try to lose an insane amount quickly, drop out after 10-15 lbs and end up 20 lbs heavier!!
  • DanBGVa
    DanBGVa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    One year does go by no matter what! And you know wha!, I share this only in hopes it will motivate others. Last year I had not really used MFP yet.. but had joined a program for weight loss locally who highly recommends using MFP, well folks one year later I still have a ways to go. I've gone from 300 pounds down to 266 pounds and from a 50" waist to a 42" wait. What a year makes. It is coming off slow this time and I notice little things.. for example, the day after Thanksgiving when I had eaten things out of the norm (unhealthy) and I could not wait to get back to healthy eating. I still have my struggle with food make no mistake but I have learned this is truly a journey and not an event... what a difference a year makes. We can all do this!
  • zorahgail
    zorahgail Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Small shifts and consistent actions definitely add up over a year to make a huge impact! Great reminder. :)
  • amandanicole90a
    amandanicole90a Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That is awesome way to look at it!!!
  • summerdaze120
    Options
    Glad that I was able to share some perspective!