London fitness

Options
punkman_141
punkman_141 Posts: 18 Member
edited November 2015 in Motivation and Support
Just curious if there were any people from london (uk) on this and where do you train? Need training partner i think

Replies

• Northernlight03
    Northernlight03 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I'm UK but northern :) I don't have a training partner and I still hate going on my own, suppose it takes some getting use to!
  • punkman_141
    Options
    Tell me about it ! Having a partner makes it interesting
  • ihab90
    ihab90 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm from Manchester and I go to Pure gym. I go at 6am so I'm usually the only one awake at that time lol
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm not in London either, but in East Sussex. If you don't like training on your own consider finding a circuits group, or a bootcamp. There are loads of fitness groups in this area.

I'm a member of a gym, but I also do circuits classes which are great, and you get to know people.
  • diyadiamonds
    diyadiamonds Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in Essex but work in London so also train there! Usually get out the door for 5 to get to the gym for 6 to go hard at easyGym!
  • punkman_141
    Options
    I'm in Essex but work in London so also train there! Usually get out the door for 5 to get to the gym for 6 to go hard at easyGym!

How is easy gym? Is it like thegymgroup. I'm at virgin active which is good but expensive!
  • debraodu
    debraodu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I go to pure gym in Bermondsey - cheap and cheerful
  • punkman_141
    Options
    Noice :)
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Options
    @diyadiamonds I also go to Easygym on Oxford Circus!

What's the verdict on Puregym? I'm a member of LA Fitness but my gym's closed at the moment for refurb following a buy-out by Puregym. I am not happy they're getting rid of the pool - pools in London are ridiculously limited.
  • courtcassiefit
    courtcassiefit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm at a puregym in Surrey! I love it! Great classes, great equipment, lovely staff!
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Options
    @courtcassiefit Arh brlliant, that gives me some confidence as I hadn't really heard of them before. So glad that you like the classes, hoping to be able to fit some into my training schedule. Doesn't open 'til Feb but I keep checking the website in the hope that they're got the schedule up :#
  • diyadiamonds
    Options

How is easy gym? Is it like thegymgroup. I'm at virgin active which is good but expensive!

I was previously going to thegymgroup but switched to easyGym as it is closer to work and I can honestly say this gym is probably the only reason that's keeping me in my job ATM!
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Options

I was previously going to thegymgroup but switched to easyGym as it is closer to work and I can honestly say this gym is probably the only reason that's keeping me in my job ATM!

Loads of equipment and you don't get people wasting time either. Everyone's there to get on with it.
  • punkman_141
    Options

What's the verdict on Puregym? I'm a member of LA Fitness but my gym's closed at the moment for refurb following a buy-out by Puregym. I am not happy they're getting rid of the pool - pools in London are ridiculously limited.

I can imagine any gym in oxford circus must be busy ! Tried most brand gyms but not puregym. I was a member of LA Fitness but stopped as they kept putting up the price to fix equipment i never used. Including a pool. Depends on what you use and your goals i guess
  • diyadiamonds
    Options

Loads of equipment and you don't get people wasting time either. Everyone's there to get on with it.

YES!!
  • punkman_141
    Options

Wow that is dedication!
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Options

I can imagine any gym in oxford circus must be busy ! Tried most brand gyms but not puregym. I was a member of LA Fitness but stopped as they kept putting up the price to fix equipment i never used. Including a pool. Depends on what you use and your goals i guess

LA Fitness was a bit useless towards the end with a lot of equipment broken etc. Definitely going to give PureGym a go. I'l report back with my verdict when it's open B)
  • punkman_141
    Options

LA Fitness was a bit useless towards the end with a lot of equipment broken etc. Definitely going to give PureGym a go. I'l report back with my verdict when it's open B)

Yeah exactly my thoughts! Ah please do let me know !
  • diyadiamonds
    Options

Wow that is dedication!

Thanks! Keeps me sane !
  • punkman_141
    Options

Wow that is dedication!

Thanks! Keeps me sane !

I know how you feel. Nothing beats a good workout ;)