Who else is taking contrave pills?

Options
13»

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    babyrko wrote: »
    I honestly thought with this pill I will learn how to portion control , actually I don't eat a lot, my only issue is that I can live on a bag of chips or for some reason I can not eat all day until 6pm hits and I start to crave a lot Of things , it's night time where I feel so hungry. So, I'm using this pill to stop my cravings. Because I'm already doing calories and portion control and I even have a trainer. So...idk what else to do
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Sounds like you have no long term plan. So your taking pills now but aren't sure how you'll sort it out when your doctor won't write them anymore. You won't understand things like portion control, moderation. Those are things needed for long term success . there's really no magic pill or quick fix, you'll learn that when your doctor says he's no longer willing to write them and you'll be forced to put in the hard work necessary . nothing can replace hard work. Sometimes taking the easy way out will lead you right back to where you started

So you don't eat until 6pm and by then you are craving ALOT of things and you are taking these pills to stop those cravings so you don't want to eat anything, ever.... Sounds to me like you need to educate yourself on how the body works, and you need to establish a healthy relationship with food. The path you are on is not a healthy one. Best of luck to you.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    "actually I don't eat a lot, my only issue is that I can live on a bag of chips or for some reason I can not eat all day until 6pm hits and I start to crave a lot Of things , it's night time where I feel so hungry. "

So you aren't addicted to food, as this pill seems to be made for. The issue is that there are no healthy eating schedules established. Learning to eat healthy foods throughout the day will help with binging at night because you're super hungry. I think that will help with your long-term goals.

Edit: My bad, didn't notice this was an old thread, how odd that it showed up? Either way, OP, hope you figured out how to make this pill fit )or not fit) in your new, healthier lifestyle.