Swimming Workouts

Options
13»

Replies

• MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I'll be adding swimming to my workouts, just have to stop my kids from jumping on me when I swim!
  • jewelstam
    jewelstam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just started swimming lessons....I love swimming and wonder why I didn't do this years ago!
  • DanceYogaRun
    DanceYogaRun Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Thanks from another newb. As my kids get more comfortable in childcare, I'd like to take some swimming lessons. I can swim, but I'm not very efficient. I'd like to start swimming for the full body workout and to give my knees a bit of a break.
  • Mandz1984
    Mandz1984 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see a thread on swimming. Ive never swam competitively but I've always loved the water and started swimming 2-3 times a week when I started dieting. It's a god send having a pool near our house in Dublin, as the weather can be so bad in the winter you wouldn't want to be outside so the pool is a nice change of pace to dvd's and the treadmill!

I don't do anything fancy and don't even really time myself, but try to swim lengths for 40-60 minutes at a time. I would just switch between strokes and then do some 'pulling' and 'kicking' in the middle. But it's good to see the terminology and some actual workouts posted. I think I might try a few! Thanks everyone :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here, thanks!

FYI, what Americans call laps, we in the UK call lengths. Laps to us means going round the pool - like a lap of a racing circuit - hence the confusion!