Chick-Fil-A, What do you like to order there that's healthy, tasting and filling?

Options
What's your go-to order at Chick-Fil-A that's healthy and tasty?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    What's your definition of 'healthy'?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Go-to-somewhere else
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I generally just avoid fast food altogether now. The calories are rarely worth it and I don't want to restart my old habit of eating out too often. It's all too easy to find an excuse multiple times per week why should just go there.

When I do eat out I want it to be a special occasion, not some typical Tuesday evening. When I save up calories during the week, I want to indulge in something memorable.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I usually get a grilled chicken sandwich with either a fruit cup or a side salad.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love Chick-Fil-A! I get their kids menu normally. :p
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I got a grilled chicken sandwich with a side salad. It was surprisingly delicious.
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I get the grilled chicken sandwich with a large lemonade and add some polyniesian sauce to it... and just budget the rest of the day on those calories... although I used to get the regular chic-fil-a sandwich... and maybe some fruit for a side...
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I get the grilled chicken wrap all by itself, no fries and no dressing. It is actually pretty tasty and the calories/macros aren't too bad. Sometimes if I'm feeling frisky and I have some extra calories I'll dip in some Chik-Fil-A sauce though.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Grilled chicken with extra piece of chicken and honey BBq sauce..

I see so many "HEALTHY FOOD POSTS" here is the thing Fatty food doesn't store as fat only excessive calories do so that being said if you burn 2000 calories a day and eat 2500 calories of all carbs you will put on a pound of fat a week if the following week you eat 2500 calories of all protein you will put on a pound of fat and the following week you eat 2500 calories of all Fat you will put on a pound of fat.. Its not the Macro itself but the calories..

Now the good news if you eat a mixture of the three and eat 1500 calories you will lose a pound a week. 500 x 7 ( aweek) = 3500 calories which is equal to one pound in any direction above or below your 2000 calorie limit..

take your weight x .8 for protein and your weight x .4 for fat add those calories together the rest is anything you want eat and I mean anything as long as you stay at or below your TDEE you won't gain weight

Hope this helps.. Mike
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    The big order of grilled nuggets and a fruit cup. But that cost about $9 so I never go there. I'd rather have a "worse" meal of a much cheaper burger, or a better-in-all-ways meal of Thai takeout or sushi lunch special. I have zero love for CFA...mainly about their prices, tbh
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Their grilled chicken wrap is really tasty. I really wish they would come out with more varieties. :(
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i like their chicken strips and i get a coleslaw with it.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    When I have the calories for it, I get a chicken sandwich meal, deluxe (lettuce, tomato, cheese), small fries, and diet lemonade. 825 calories.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Totally beside the point, but when I was a kid and we would visit my grandparents they had a chick-Fil-a in their mall I thought for years that it was "chick filla" and couldn't get the name. Seriously. I think they opened one an hour away from me now, but I digress.
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken with extra piece of chicken and honey BBq sauce..

I see so many "HEALTHY FOOD POSTS" here is the thing Fatty food doesn't store as fat only excessive calories do so that being said if you burn 2000 calories a day and eat 2500 calories of all carbs you will put on a pound of fat a week if the following week you eat 2500 calories of all protein you will put on a pound of fat and the following week you eat 2500 calories of all Fat you will put on a pound of fat.. Its not the Macro itself but the calories..

Now the good news if you eat a mixture of the three and eat 1500 calories you will lose a pound a week. 500 x 7 ( aweek) = 3500 calories which is equal to one pound in any direction above or below your 2000 calorie limit..

take your weight x .8 for protein and your weight x .4 for fat add those calories together the rest is anything you want eat and I mean anything as long as you stay at or below your TDEE you won't gain weight

Hope this helps.. Mike

It's more than just calories, though. Eating fried food often leads to heart disease and that's been proven. Now, most people have the sense to eat everything in moderation, but there are those who are legit addicted to fast food, like my parents. Fast food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Eating fast food as a once or twice monthly treat is completely fine.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options

It's more than just calories, though. Eating fried food often leads to heart disease and that's been proven.

This is false. There IS a correlation between fried foods and heart disease, but no study has shown (or even pretends to show) causation.

Most likely, the types of people who eat a lot of fried food also live a relatively unhealthy lifestyle overall. Just as eating fat doesn't make you fat and dietary cholesterol doesn't raise your cholesterol levels, so fried food isn't going to give you heart disease.

Workout, eat a balanced diet, and enjoy your fried food the same way you enjoy everything else: in moderation.

• Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    xmichaelyx wrote: »

It's more than just calories, though. Eating fried food often leads to heart disease and that's been proven.

This is false. There IS a correlation between fried foods and heart disease, but no study has shown (or even pretends to show) causation.

Most likely, the types of people who eat a lot of fried food also live a relatively unhealthy lifestyle overall. Just as eating fat doesn't make you fat and dietary cholesterol doesn't raise your cholesterol levels, so fried food isn't going to give you heart disease.

Workout, eat a balanced diet, and enjoy your fried food the same way you enjoy everything else: in moderation.

There's this study that proves otherwise: http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph-in-the-news/eating-fried-foods-tied-to-increased-risk-of-diabetes-and-heart-disease/

I didn't say that dietary fat makes you fat, but I do know that eating fried food mutliple times a week isn't good for the arteries, hence why I said everything in moderation.
  • Working2BLean
    Working2BLean Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Cool wrap

Almost all the grilled sandwiches

That has fewer calories.

The salads are yum

Diet lemonade

My favs
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I've never been a fan of chik fil a because I find a lot of their food bland and just blah and not worth the calories.

I have had their chicken salad sandwich recently and it's very good. I got it with a salad instead of the disappointing, wilty, soft, weird waffle fries (so not worth the calories).