Funniest thing someone has said to you...

Options
crb426
crb426 Posts: 657 Member
I'm sure many of us are seeing family members for the first time in a long time during this holiday season, so I was just curious: what was the funniest thing that was said to you by family or friends?

My grandmother-in-law said: "Why'd you get skinny? Weren't you happy being fat? Are you going to get fat again? What's wrong? Are you sick?"

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    crb426 wrote: »
    I'm sure many of us are seeing family members for the first time in a long time during this holiday season, so I was just curious: what was the funniest thing that was said to you by family or friends?

My grandmother-in-law said: "Why'd you get skinny? Weren't you happy being fat? Are you going to get fat again? What's wrong? Are you sick?"

That was funny. :)
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I find it seriously weird when people call me skinny, when I've only juuuuust set foot inside the healthy weight range for my height. Note also that because I'm almost 6'2", I could lose another 18kg and still be classified as a healthy weight, so in theory I have a lot more work to do to even get midway through the healthy weight range!!! I know that the BMI is flawed, but it's just weird that people call me skinny when I'm not on paper (uh, or in reality!). I guess it's all relative to what they're accustomed to seeing.
  • jennaatsuad
    jennaatsuad Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    "So, Jenna... There's considerably less of you than there was the last time I saw you." Hahaha! Yes, I guess there is. :)
  • mandarkio
    mandarkio Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I walked into work the other day after having been on holiday for a week, and my colleague yelled 'oh my god, manda, what are you, a size 4?!' (i'm somewhere between a UK16/18 right now!) she said it so earnestly i had to laugh!
  • MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    At the gym whispering:
    "Her *kitten* is fake, no way it's real... What an attention *kitten*."
    "She lifts like a man, that's so not cute."

And my dumb sister asking if I'm worried that lifting will make me manly looking.. haha
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I find it seriously weird when people call me skinny, when I've only juuuuust set foot inside the healthy weight range for my height. Note also that because I'm almost 6'2", I could lose another 18kg and still be classified as a healthy weight, so in theory I have a lot more work to do to even get midway through the healthy weight range!!! I know that the BMI is flawed, but it's just weird that people call me skinny when I'm not on paper (uh, or in reality!). I guess it's all relative to what they're accustomed to seeing.

I was thinking the exact same thing the other day when one of my colleagues called me 'tiny'. At 5'9", 78kg and a UK size 12/14 I am just outside the healthy BMI range so also have a bit to go. I think it's all very much relative: they remember me at my bigger size (90+ kg, size 16) so relative to that I am a lot smaller. But if I met them for the first time today, they probably would more likely call me 'average' rather than 'tiny'.
  • dalielahdawn
    dalielahdawn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I haven't told anyone im losing weight or trying to, So I find it kind of odd when people comment...
    After only losing 15 pounds I got...
    "Omg you're getting so skinny"
    While thinking, calm down, I'm still 240lbs!! Lol
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Back when I was a little kid of maybe 11 or 12 the mother of a friend said to me:
    "Your ankles are so skinny, you should eat more"
    Ugh. I hated that. What an irresponsible way to talk to a child. As a matter of fact, I was a kid of normal weight.
    I put skinny ankles and wrists down to genetics since my parents also have those. Even when I was at my max weight (70 kg) I still had skinny wrists and my ankles were also mostly okay.
  • mtizi
    mtizi Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My husband told me, "Your butt is average size now!"
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    At the gym whispering:
    "Her *kitten* is fake, no way it's real... What an attention *kitten*."
    "She lifts like a man, that's so not cute."

And my dumb sister asking if I'm worried that lifting will make me manly looking.. haha

You look freaking awesome! I wish I had have the physique you have. :) Keep it up!!!!
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    alanahp93 wrote: »
    Mum: Did you lose weight?
    Me: (omg someone finally noticed!)
    Mum: must be the boots, they make you look taller
    Me: (So close...)

oh know... :(. That's heartbreaking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!