Back at it for good (I hope!)

Options
Here I am again, trying to lose weight....

I'm Logan! I'm 22 years old and losing weight to help my health as well as for my wedding this summer. My fiancé and I are both trying to get fit for the big day and for life. He has lost about 10-15 pounds over the last year or so. I, on the other hand, have gained and lost the same 5-7 pounds multiple times this year. With the wedding only 8 months away, I'm ready to really make the change!
My biggest challenges are... Carbs and sweets, working in fast food, not a lot of gym time available with my schedule, and I like to sleep A LOT. I'm hoping to change some daily habits I have and become more aware of what goes into my body.

Replies

• Loganmmontgomery
    Loganmmontgomery Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    3fcwieavm5zf.jpeg
  • justsusie998
    justsusie998 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both for your upcoming wedding! Yes, I too fell off the wagon. But I realized it's one day at a time. What better way to start on the first of the month. We got this!
  • sandlerlover
    sandlerlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Plan plan plan! Meal prep when you have time (I do mine on weekends), have healthy, easy to grab snacks available at all times so you don't grab something unhealthy. Set small goals. Find time in your schedule for your health whether it's exercise, food prep, grocery shopping etc. you got this!
    Congrats on your big day as well!
  • Loganmmontgomery
    Options
    Congratulations to you both for your upcoming wedding! Yes, I too fell off the wagon. But I realized it's one day at a time. What better way to start on the first of the month. We got this!

Hey thanks! Yes I realized it's something to take in baby steps and just don't get discouraged- that's my biggest issue.
  • Loganmmontgomery
    Options
    Plan plan plan! Meal prep when you have time (I do mine on weekends), have healthy, easy to grab snacks available at all times so you don't grab something unhealthy. Set small goals. Find time in your schedule for your health whether it's exercise, food prep, grocery shopping etc. you got this!
    Congrats on your big day as well!

Thanks so much! I would love to have one day set aside for Meal prep and cooking. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't allow for that.
  • Adas81
    Adas81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    if you have time to sleep, you have time to work out!!!
  • Loganmmontgomery
    Options
    Adas81 wrote: »
    if you have time to sleep, you have time to work out!!!

You're right, no excuses!
  • grove21
    grove21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, although I know if I ate better I would have more energy I'm terrible at using exhaustion as an excuse! I'm starting over as well.