CoFFee ☕️☕️☕️

Options
would love some ideas for what people put in coffee but it still keeping calories low..
Thanks!!

Replies

• MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    i swapped regular sugar with ezsweet (Liquid splenda) and swapped the whole milk with 2%, my mug of coffee went from 215 something calories to only 33 calories a mug..
    really am not much of a flavored coffee kinda person but, i do like chocolate in it sometimes, you can add 100% cocoa powder in your coffee and its only like 5 calories per tbsp i believe it was (have to pour a little coffee into cocoa and mix it first or you end up with clumps in your coffee).. Almond vanilla milk is popular with some (not me, like my milk in coffee better)..
  • rreneesmith32
    rreneesmith32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow 215 to 33 calories that's awesome thanks for the info I am hoping I can find something I like I have always loved the smell of coffee but can't ever fine one I like so I thought maybe I would try to ad creamer or Splenda to a cup of joe
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Almond or coconut almond milk and I have a huge collection of sugar free torani syrups. I also add pure via or truvia
  • rreneesmith32
    Options
    Perfect thanks!!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I drink it black most of the time but when I am really craving a mocha I'll mix up a scoop of chocolate protein powder in about 1/4c of water (it's pretty thick and sludgy mixed that thick lol) then add it to my coffee instead of creamer. Occasionally I also add a few drops of liquid sucralose (same as the EZ Sweetz mentioned above only I use a different brand, SucraDrops). It adds a great deal of flavor satisfaction, and is a nice way to get in extra protein.

If I have it on hand I'll use chocolate mint protein powder; if I want a mint mocha but only have chocolate powder on hand I'll add a few drops of pure peppermint extract to the mix as well (and a few drops is more than sufficient! I count it as zero calories since it is less than 1/8 tsp).
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Stevia and fat free half & half, or stevia and frothed almond milk. I did a breakdown of the macros etc. for like 8 different types of coffee creamer type things, and ff h&H and almond milk were the least damaging (at least for my plan). :) That's for 2 Tbsp ff h&h or one cup of frothed almond milk.
  • LizaMarie78
    LizaMarie78 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't drink black coffee so I like my coffee sweet. To make myself not go overboard on creamer I just buy the individual single serve creamer like International Delight mini ID's and each one have 30 calories.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    a quarter cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a tablespoon of hazelnut creamer - 57 calories
  • janiep81
    janiep81 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like ultra-pasteurized filtered (?) whole milk in mine... I use Fairlife. It has a lot of protein and its rich enough to sub for half and half.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Black coffee w 1 measured tsp sugar and 1 measured TBSP CoffeeMate flavored creamer = 57 cals

Sub in Splenda and SF/FF creamer = 15 cals
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I used to be a double-double girl. Now I use Stevia in the Raw (2 packets) and1 teaspoon 5% light cream. Cut the calories by 2/3!
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    would love some ideas for what people put in coffee but it still keeping calories low..
    Thanks!!

10 cups a day = 200 cals/splenda/2 tsp coffee mate
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Drink it black! I know it tastes gross, but eventually it won't! Take it from someone who forced themselves to get used to it.

Also, I like putting 1tbsp of skim milk and 1tsp of ground cinnamon in my iced coffee in the morning.
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    afzy6yidadn3.jpg
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use regular half and half instead of coffeemate, but I always use regular white devil sugar and just do what I must to make it fit within my calories.
  • magnifiquee
    magnifiquee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I always drink my coffee black! lol my teeth hate me for it but I have tricks for that. Adding a little milk shouldn't do much harm though. And I wouldn't recommend sugar!
  • Mallybear2020
    Mallybear2020 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipped cream (like no carbs) and sugar that is very low in carbs.
  • emiliolalieu
    emiliolalieu Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If it is caffeine you need, chew two of these: military energy gum, they are amazing
  • BlueberryMuffins189
    Options
    Coffee mate
  • rreneesmith32
    Options
    So many awesome great to see