Not Sure

Options
Is 35lbs in 4.5 months a good achievement? I've been told that's too slow given how hard they see me workout. It really killed my spirit made me feel low about my progress. Could some tell if I'm going at a right pace or not

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That's actually a pretty fast pace at about 2 pounds per week. Good job!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    That's roughly what I lost and I am extremely happy with that. Looks great to me. Kepp doing whatever you are doing! :)
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    That is excellent progress! You're rocking it!
    Anyone who says that is not enough is crazy and dealing with unrealistic expectations. That is a healthy and fantastic achievement! (Think: 35 lbs in 4.5 months could be 70 lbs in 9 months, or 105 lbs in a year! Keep it up!)
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Whom ever said that is a jerk and you should ignore them. That's almost 8 pounds a month which is excellent. If you find your current pace comfortable and aren't starving yourself to do it then just keep doing what you're doing. The best pace for you is simply the pace that you feel like you could do forever. Never let others diminish what you've accomplished. They're just jealous. Who wouldn't want to lose 35 pounds? If I lose 35 pounds over the next 4.5 months I'll be throwing a party.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    That is literally perfect! :)
  • Mark_76
    Mark_76 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, if you're working out too, don't forget that you're probably bulking up so in your case, measurements are probably more accurate than scales. Keep up the great work!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Please don't let anyone try and criticize your incredible, incredible achievement.
    That is actually a really impressive rate of loss.

Ignore jealousy. You're doing great!
  • charisseb84
    charisseb84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Whatever, that's awesome progress! I think one of the things I really had to hammer in my head is that weight loss is truly a marathon and not a race. I used to get super discouraged if I wasn't loosing fast enough and I still do sometimes not as often after I figured that out. Forget the haters! You are doing great!!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Samakiyah wrote: »
    Is 35lbs in 4.5 months a good achievement? I've been told that's too slow given how hard they see me workout. It really killed my spirit made me feel low about my progress. Could some tell if I'm going at a right pace or not

You're doing great. Anybody who said that needs to stow it, mind their own beeswax, go eat a bug, insert other "be quiet" saying here.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    That sounds like a great pace to me! Good job!
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! Incredibly well done!
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    That's what people don't understand about working out and eating at a deficit. For one, you're probably increasing the size of your muscle cells, resulting in some lean muscle mass gains. Secondly, as @Mark_76 stated, this means the scale might not tell the whole story. Use measurements to help with progress tracking. And last but not least, who ever is telling you that bs isn't being realistic. Don't listen to them, and keep it up!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That's what people don't understand about working out and eating at a deficit. For one, you're probably increasing the size of your muscle cells, resulting in some lean muscle mass gains. Secondly, as @Mark_76 stated, this means the scale might not tell the whole story. Use measurements to help with progress tracking. And last but not least, who ever is telling you that bs isn't being realistic. Don't listen to them, and keep it up!

Not if she's losing two pounds a week. Except for first time lifters, it's highly difficult to gain muscle in a calorie deficit.
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It's a SPECTACULAR weight loss!!