NutriBullet

I am thinking of buying one a NutriBullet as have been recommended by a friend to get one. Possibly the 600 or 900w motor. Does anyone on here have one the " fors or against " it?
I think it is similar to juicing except you eat all the food with out all the waste (fibre) that I do get when juicing. I like juicing and follow Jason Vale's various programmes.
Any views you have please .....?

Replies

• KaleMary
    KaleMary Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I'm new to the forums but I saw your post and thought I would respond. I have the 600w nutribullet and I love love it. I just got a juicer and I really like that, too. I use both for different things. I basically use the nutribullet exactly like a blender. My go to smoothie is frozen mixed berries, coconut water, avocado, chia seeds and kale. You can add 1/4 banana for extra sweetness but it's easy to go overboard with calories and sugar/carbs with smoothies so I try to stay away from really sweet fruit. I also use my nutribullet for making pesto, almond milk, date balls- pretty much anything blended except soup (which I use my immersion blender for). It's so much easier to clean than a regular blender. I highly recommend it if smoothies fit into your health plan! I should add, too, that the nutribullet comes with a booklet to make "nutriblasts" which are like fruit and veggies blended with water. I've also tried making juice type things with the nutribullet. For me, regular smoothies are what I prefer in it. Hope that helps!
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Get the nutrininja !
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    I love using it to puree beans or vegetables to thicken soups/dishes, making marinades or salad dressing, and making smoothies (of course).
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    I love mine. I have one that I keep at my office. I keep frozen fruit, milk and Greek yogurt in the fridge at work. If I want a quick snack, I use the bullet. It's quick and convenient.
  • kimbalion23
    kimbalion23 Posts: 491 Member
    I love mine too for making smoothies.

I got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond with their 20% off coupon. Best price I could find.
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    I have the nutribullet. It is absolutely, 100% worth the investment. We have used ours almost daily and I didn't realize you can juice with it until recently and it works great at both juicing and shakes.
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    I have the nutribullet pro (900) and a heavy duty champion juicer..... Nutribullet was on sale plus 20% coupon. I was looking at nutribullet and nutrininja. I love making 'smoothies' and have used a variety of greens, beets, chunks of carrots, fresh and frozen fruit, cashew milk, nut butters, chia seeds and occasionally protein powder . I like it better than juicing as I don't end up with pulp but get the whole veg/fruit. Adding milk and frozen fruit makes it creamy. Only use the juicer to make fresh carrot juice on a rare occasion anymore. I love the smoothies and often have one as a meal or snack
  • wavedancer123
    wavedancer123 Posts: 47 Member
    Get the nutrininja !

[Thanks for your reply but why the nurtininja? What are the benefits of that one please ?

• version50
    version50 Posts: 24 Member
    I started off with the nutribullet, but I didn't like holding it down for a minute, so ended up returning it for the ninja. With the ninja, you can push the 'AutoIQ' button, walk out of the room (because a 1000 watt motor is LOUD!), come back a minute later, and you have a perfectly healthy meal waiting for you.
  • uzovka
    uzovka Posts: 19 Member
    We have Nutribullet and Nutrininja at home and I prefer Nutribullet. The only reason is you don't have to hold it down to make it work. They both do a good job though
  • wavedancer123
    Do you have the Mill Blade - but what items do you use it on? I believe the 600 comes with one, but the 900 doesn't not sure about the nurtininja ...
    Do you recommend any of the books that go with the nutri range ?
  • norcogrrl
    norcogrrl Posts: 129 Member
    I have the 900 watt Ninja Professional. It has never let me down! My recommendation is to go with the biggest motor you can get your hands on. :) I've used a couple with smaller motors, and they were vastly inferior.
  • wavedancer123
    norcogrrl wrote: »
    I have the 900 watt Ninja Professional. It has never let me down! My recommendation is to go with the biggest motor you can get your hands on. :) I've used a couple with smaller motors, and they were vastly inferior.

I have ordered it tonight from John Lewis!
    Just in case I have any issues with it... Which hopefully I won't .
    Look forward to using it.

It seems a lot of the recipes that I have looked at have spinach in to which I love.
    At least now my outside food bin won't be so heavy! I have also downloaded the recipe app.

• wavedancer123
    Thank you to everyone for your views on this subject, all very helpful.

Many thanks
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Love my Nutribullet. My son loves his too. It came with the books also. Kale is also a good option. Mill is great for all seeds.
  • wavedancer123
    It has arrived, busy day with family staying, but hope to have a green smoothie for Breakfast
  • ElleMay37
    ElleMay37 Posts: 2 Member
    It's worth a buy - My favourite at the moment is frozen cubed mango vanilla protein powder chia seeds and water - wiz it up and it comes out like ice cream! No more Ben and Jerrys for me!! But you can make all sorts add some veg - fresh or frozen fruit for convenience! I use mine every day!
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    I love mine, well worth it. I particularly enjoyed all the smoothies this summer with all the berries in season. Yum.
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    ElleMay37 wrote: »
    It's worth a buy - My favourite at the moment is frozen cubed mango vanilla protein powder chia seeds and water - wiz it up and it comes out like ice cream! No more Ben and Jerrys for me!! But you can make all sorts add some veg - fresh or frozen fruit for convenience! I use mine every day!

I do frozen cubed mango with ripe bananas, chia, and flex seeds. Yum yum.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    I have a Ninja--for the purpose. I want all the fiber and good stuff. I put my recipes in the recipe maker. Totally easy. You might be able to get a good deal on an after Christmas sale.