50 lbs, a shave, and a haircut

Options
Nuke_64
Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
ch0eapbtsgy1.jpgfej6n2kn4kmi.jpgr2b0kjodlz9w.jpg

SW 225, CW 171, GW <150. Height 5’5.5”.

I didn’t think I would post a success story until I got into the normal BMI range but I have had so many comments from people in real life and I know how much value I have gotten from success stories by others so here I am. The first picture is October 2014; the other two are both from October 2015, one day a part. I used the hair and beard to deflect some attention away from my weight loss. I amazed how well it worked.

My success has coming from tracking what I eat, try to maintain a 7 day average calorie deficit of 750-500 calories, and eat back half or more of my exercise calories. I mountain bike for exercise 3-4 times a week for about an hour. It took about 6 months to lose the weight. The past few months has been slow going as I have a newborn, holidays, work trips, etc. but have been able to lose a few pounds.

I have 20+ lbs to go to get to the “Normal” BMI which is my current goal. As I now look at this pictures, I don't recognize my old self and have a hard time believing the change that has occurred.
1.jpg 6.8K
2.jpg 26.5K
3.jpg 22.9K

Replies

• manueldelreal
    manueldelreal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's amazing what a haircut and shave can do!!!.... I'm joking of course.

Congrats on the results, I also look at pictures of me from 6 months ago and I can't believe how overweight I let myself get.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done! What motivated you to start and when did you know "It was REALLY different this time?" Just wondered
  • Nuke_64
    Nuke_64 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Looby47 wrote: »
    Well done! What motivated you to start and when did you know "It was REALLY different this time?" Just wondered

I was not a yo-yo dieter as I had only once lost any significant amount of weight when trying do so, but I had started many times to give up only after few days. So starting was never an issue. I will have to give credit to MFP as to what was different. The last time I lost weight, which was in 2012 and I lost about 30 lbs, I used another website, Spark People. I could have used that site and I think it would have worked. Where it may have failed and where now the results are still uncertain, is how long I keep it off. What MFP was done, in particular the Community of MFP, is force to me to accept that I was obese and still overweight because of choices I make. I used to think it was something genetic with me. I eventually accepted I was normal, but then thought most thin people had some genetic advantage. All lies. When I started, I thought my body wouldn't "let me" get to a normal BMI and a having a body weight in the 170s would be okay. Yes, I'm happy with were I am, but I'm not finished. I have no longer have a reason to believe I have to be overweight.

That my big lesson to others: accept responsibility for your weight. You may have challenges, most everyone does, but your weight is a reflection of choices you make.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!