Replies

• Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome, everybody!!!
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    1. Be able to do a full sun salutation at yoga, and not need to use my hands to help scoot my foot forwards when returning to the lunge before standing up.
    2. Being able to walk into a shop and pull a size off the shelf, and know that it will fit the way it was designed to. I'm one size away from that happening, and it's an amazing feeling!
    3. Having a more healthy relationship with food.
  • Mgibbs8270
    Mgibbs8270 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would love to run a mile without stopping. I have NEVER done that! It's kind of cold outside now but in the spring time...I'm doing it! For now, it's cardio inside for me. :)
  • Ponkeen
    Options
    Awesome, everybody!!!
    Mgibbs8270 wrote: »
    I would love to run a mile without stopping. I have NEVER done that! It's kind of cold outside now but in the spring time...I'm doing it! For now, it's cardio inside for me. :)

You can do it!!!
  • Ponkeen
    Options
    1. Be able to do a full sun salutation at yoga, and not need to use my hands to help scoot my foot forwards when returning to the lunge before standing up.
    2. Being able to walk into a shop and pull a size off the shelf, and know that it will fit the way it was designed to. I'm one size away from that happening, and it's an amazing feeling!
    3. Having a more healthy relationship with food.

I know what you mean about #1... it feels good to stretch properly again.
  • Mgibbs8270
    Mgibbs8270 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot...I want to see my collar bones again! I don't even remember what they look like! Just the outline would be fine, I don't want to be super skinny like a model, but I miss them terribly. ;)
  • somegirlsdo
    somegirlsdo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    four years ago, I had visible abs, big shoulders and tons of strength and stamina. I want to try and get that fit again.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I want abs, maybe not a 6 pack, just 2 or 3 would be awesome!
  • KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    1. Complete a half marathon (signed up for one in March)
    2. Do a 100 mile bike ride
    3. Take a couple more minutes off my 5K time
  • orange_hoodie
    orange_hoodie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this topic, @Ponkeen! I've been curious about "NSGs" as well.

My 2015 resolution was to try 10 sports. I accomplished that goal 2 weeks ago, and along the way I've been getting fitter and stronger.

I haven't written out my 2016 goals yet, but they will be strength, endurance, and flexibility oriented. The #1 goal is to be able to do a pull-up. I've never been able to do one, so it's a big deal to me. This is what prompted me to join MFP. As I so eloquently told my coworker: if I'm going to do a pull-up I can't be lifting all this!
  • Ponkeen
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thank you for starting this topic, @Ponkeen! I've been curious about "NSGs" as well.

My 2015 resolution was to try 10 sports. I accomplished that goal 2 weeks ago, and along the way I've been getting fitter and stronger.

I haven't written out my 2016 goals yet, but they will be strength, endurance, and flexibility oriented. The #1 goal is to be able to do a pull-up. I've never been able to do one, so it's a big deal to me. This is what prompted me to join MFP. As I so eloquently told my coworker: if I'm going to do a pull-up I can't be lifting all this!

You're welcome! Here's to pull ups! :)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    They don't seem silly at all. I post goals pretty much every month in a lifting group on here, plus a writing group. One is scale related but everything else tends to be focused on other aspects.

I have big term goals and small term ones. The big ones that I am working time frames on still include:

kayak
    obstacle/trail run - am signed up for one on May 21st that is a 10k
    learn to dance
    learn some hand to hand combat - not sure style/type yet, it's for a writing thing
    run a half-marathon - fall 2016

I also have weight lifting specific goals that vary from just adding 5 more lbs to the bar on lifts to reaching body weight related goals such as: squat 1.5 x bodyweight, deadlift 2x bodyweight and bench bodyweight.

Like to keep things interesting. There are others but the basics are there. I have also considered something like tough mudder or others of that nature but not sure I want to go that route, or just focus more on the lifting and look into maybe a competition. Just have to wait and see.
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    1. Be able to run a 5k with my sister (in progress on 4 weeks of C25K)
    2. Stick with SL 5x5 for at least 4 months
    3. Wear size 18 jeans by my sons first birthday

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Oo I love this!

1. Begin training and then complete a full marathon by 2017.
    2. Do at least ONE pull up because I've never been able to.
    3. Run a full 10K without slowing down to walk.
    4. Go to Cedar Point and ride every roller coaster because I haven't been able to in years.
    5. I'd also love to go skydiving...every time it's come up there's always an excuse not to, not anymore.
    6. To be able to buy jeans in any store I go in to.
    7. Meal prep every single week instead of every other like I do now.
  • NicoleFray
    NicoleFray Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    To be able to wrap one towel all the way around. The top connects but the bottom is wide open. Idk why but this is one of my big goals!
  • asteriskthat
    asteriskthat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is great! I have a few, so here goes:
    1. Front splits
    2. One pull-up
    3. Headstand
    4. A more defined waist (as much as genetics allow).
    5. Keep to a schedule of 3 gym sessions per week.
    6. Squat bodyweight (and then some!)
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Just about everything in this video including being that lean but 1:05-1:15 really blows me away. The flag, too, like Alloutof_bubblegum mentioned (00:45-00:50).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh_xtaQKXNU

• dianaiku
    dianaiku Posts: 96 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Be too small for my current clothes
    Get a six pack
    Get a modeling job as I am 6"
  • MacHaloC
    MacHaloC Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Run a full 5k without walking and do a (sprint) triathlon.
    I just signed up for a tri this June!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    qlj5yvbhan35.jpg

Super goals, everyone ...... keep on truckin' !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!