Starting 30 Day Shred 6/13 whose in?

Options
I'm starting the 30 Day Shred today... plan on posting to here how it went and how I'm feeling after each day to hopefully keep myself motivated. Who's in? Let's all post how we're feeling physically and mentally after each days workout!

~Julia

Replies

• Joanne4494
    Joanne4494 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I started last Thursday and love it! :smile: Good Luck
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Are you doing it for 30 days in a row, or taking a break at all? I started it Sat and sunday is my rest day. I also go to the gym so will probably be doing it about four to five days per week. After day 1, I wasn't too sore until about 24 hrs later, mostly in my quads.
  • lotty1987
    lotty1987 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    yeah il start today ! x been wanting the motivations to x
  • naomi_clarke1987
    Options
    i just started today! it was really hard, by the end i was sweating so much, never sweated that much before. I finished about 20 minutes ago, had a nice shower and now my whole body feels energised! loved it!
  • Kirstyvox
    Kirstyvox Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started it this morning. I knew I wasn't in great shape, but I found it extremely tough even when doing some of the modified versions! I'm gonna stick with it though, hopefully will see some improvement!
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    I will be starting this tonight! :) I've had the dvd for quite awhile now and just havent done it. It's def time! lol
  • mackemshazza
    mackemshazza Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm in, started mine this morning for the first time. I did Level 1 start to finish, but expecting to be sore tomorrow if I listen to some of the forums.

My feelings...
    Beforehand: apprehensive but excited
    During: challenged but it wasn't too hard, I didn't stop once but did the easier version
    After: sweaty and tired but not 'dead', kind of pleased with myself
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    Here's another thread.... (( starting 6/13 too ))
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/262030-30-day-shred-starting-around-june-13th
    Good Luck to everyone :)
  • Joanne4494
    Joanne4494 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Are you doing it for 30 days in a row, or taking a break at all? I started it Sat and sunday is my rest day. I also go to the gym so will probably be doing it about four to five days per week. After day 1, I wasn't too sore until about 24 hrs later, mostly in my quads.

I had sunday as my rest day too I went to the gym instead.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I am in!! I am also starting today!!! I am a little apprehensive because it is only 20 minutes long and wondering if it will give me a good work out!!! I guess I will find out later today!!! I am also going to be adding the ripped abs and yoga meltdown to it!
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I started last week but only did 2 days, so I would like to start again!

I will post my measurements tomorrow also!

Kayle
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start tonight too - For those of you without heart rate monitors, how do you plan on logging your calorie burns?

(Must. Take. Measurements. Tonight!)
  • Tiffy11011
    Tiffy11011 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm starting later this evening! I'm really nervous and also really excited! I'm planning on taking pics and measurements tonight! I can't wait!
  • Tiffy11011
    Options
    I just finished Day 1! It was intense that's for sure and certain thing I really thought I was going to die. Like pushups the second set killed me! And the bicycle crunches! Omg a minute of that is insane!

I can't wait to see a couple weeks from now if I feel differently!

Took my measurements and I can't wait to see how it changes over the next month!

Only 29 more days to-go!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna start tonight too - For those of you without heart rate monitors, how do you plan on logging your calorie burns?

(Must. Take. Measurements. Tonight!)

I log as 20 minutes of circuit training, as that's what I saw others recommended.
  • JezebelGL
    JezebelGL Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Today was my day #1 too! I've never made it past 10 days, but determined to thus time! You'll be amazed at the changes in your body after just a week. I love Jillan! :love:
  • daisyamber
    daisyamber Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7 or 8 or something of Level 1.
    It's awesome.
    I tried out Level 2 yesterday.
    It sucks, but I get an awesome burn from it.
    I can't wait to see my final results.
  • Tiffy11011
    Options
    Thoughts after day 1 Level 1.

I thought I'd be sore... and I'm not at all. It was hard to do while I was doing it but I really thought I'd be sore.

Anyone think I should move one to Level 2 now or wait until day 11 (doing 10 days of each level)
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Thoughts after day 1 Level 1.

I thought I'd be sore... and I'm not at all. It was hard to do while I was doing it but I really thought I'd be sore.

Anyone think I should move one to Level 2 now or wait until day 11 (doing 10 days of each level)

I'm a bit sore but the workout didn't beat me up as much as I thought it would - I've been doing a lot of cardio in my workouts up to now so that part of it wasn't hard. The kick-butt things and jumping jacks are a bit hard on my knees, though; I may hop on my elliptical during those parts of it.

Are you doing all the reps fully or modified? I'm doing a few of them modified yet (like the push ups!), so when I can do them the "real" way or after 10 days I'll move on to level 2.