No motivation

Options
Need to get myself in gear , but can seem to talk myself into what I need to do . I want to tone my belly is that even possible? I'm going to post and see if I can find a buddy to help me . Thanks for reading

Replies

• allofasuddendesserts
    Options
    A lot of the belly stuff, I think has to do with your diet. If you try and change some of the foods in your diet it may help a bit. I tried to target my belly as well however unfortunately it never works out like that. I wish it did. Usually when you lose total body fat, the belly goes as well. It's definitely a struggle though!!!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can do exercises to strengthen your abs but you can't spot reduce fat.
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    According to the trainers at my fitness place you can only lose your belly fat if you generally lose weight.
    Then there's the other thing about how you'll always have a bit of a belly for anatomical reasons (your organs need to go somewhere).
  • DarynE527
    DarynE527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try a detox or colon cleanse to help with the belly area. Eliminating excess waste can help flatten your stomach as well as shed a few pounds. Also you should add in more antioxidants into your diet such as blueberries.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    DarynE527 wrote: »
    Try a detox or colon cleanse to help with the belly area. Eliminating excess waste can help flatten your stomach as well as shed a few pounds. Also you should add in more antioxidants into your diet such as blueberries.

How, exactly, would both of your suggestions help? I'm really curious of your explanation
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    Ioras88 wrote: »
    According to the trainers at my fitness place you can only lose your belly fat if you generally lose weight.
    Then there's the other thing about how you'll always have a bit of a belly for anatomical reasons (your organs need to go somewhere).

Yeah, you can't spot reduce weight except by liposuction. Otherwise, your weight comes off from where your body wants to take it from.

General weight loss can help, as can muscle gains - you can get a better body fat percentage also by increasing muscle as well as by losing fat. If you're relatively close to a normal weight, you might get better returns by really doing serious strength training; that gives the athletic look that many people call "toned".
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    12345678pb wrote: »
    Need to get myself in gear , but can seem to talk myself into what I need to do . I want to tone my belly is that even possible? I'm going to post and see if I can find a buddy to help me . Thanks for reading
    DarynE527 wrote: »

You don't need motivation my friend, you need a detox...oh and some blueberries.

Seriously...eat better, get some exercise.....there is not a short-cut. Just decide that you want to do it, and join the thousands of people here that did it.
  • ashleyohair
    ashleyohair Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I struggle with motivation too, then I remember why I started and it pushes me!
  • 12345678pb
    12345678pb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for answering , makes me feel better just to have some one there to vent to . Will try the detox , and starting right now I'm going to try to get myself in gear . Any other ideas on foods to fill up with ?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    No, DON'T try the detox. Listen to what the veterans here are saying: get your food plan organized around good nutrition at a calorie deficit, get some exercise, and be patient.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Detoxes are b.s
  • 12345678pb
    Options
    Wizzybeth , why ? Learning from others
  • 12345678pb
    Options
    Thanks sherry ,

• Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    12345678pb wrote: »
    Wizzybeth , why ? Learning from others

Your liver naturally 'detoxes' your body. This is this organ's function. Unless you're suffering from a problem with your liver there's no need to give your body anything that's supposed to 'help' you 'detox' it. :)
  • 12345678pb
    Options
    So today is a new day , going to start eating healthier .no migraine this morning , yeah , so feel like exercising , later
  • timetochange52
    timetochange52 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Take small steps and build healthy habits. I find that trying to go all in too fast can be overwhelming. Start by logging your foods daily. Once that becomes habit, begin to make additional small changes. Add friends, and make posts, add to your daily blog.