Excited about food shopping? !

Options
Is it just me, or since this journey I now get ridiculously excited about going food shopping for the week??? I know I'm going tonight and can't stop thinking about meal plans and what lean meats ill get etc, it's such a pleasure for me! !

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Btw I'm thinking comfort food for tonight so baked sweet potato, corn on cob, reduced salt and sugar baked beans with low fat cheese mmmmmmmmmmm!!!
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I also really enjoy planning my weekly meals and doing my supermarket shop. I can't help myself looking at other people's trolleys and seeing all the junk they're buying - makes me feel very 'noble' lol
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    suziecue20 wrote: »
    I also really enjoy planning my weekly meals and doing my supermarket shop. I can't help myself looking at other people's trolleys and seeing all the junk they're buying - makes me feel very 'noble' lol

Can't help but smile looking at this comment. It reminds me of my trips to the supermarket and people glancing at my shopping cart, probably thinking "she is fat enough, she does not need those chips". Little do they know that I have lost 100 pounds and greatly improved my health without having to give up the foods I like. I giggle like a schoolgirl insite, like I'm in position of some ancient weight loss secret. I really enjoy those childish feelings sometimes.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    It is my favourite day of the weeK!
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I also like finding out what other people eat it makes me happy hahaha
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I have horrible anxiety when it comes to grocery stores, but since starting this journey I've felt a little bit better... I, too, am so excited about all the "diet-friendly" foods I'm gonna buy (especially all the fruit&veg) that it's actually a joy for me to go now!
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a strange obsession with vegetables and I just love to fill my trolley with all the different kinds and see them all prettily laid out on the conveyor belt.
    And yes, I do quite like being behind/in front of somebody with all kinds of processed foods. I should add that I eat a lot of processed things too, but I get them from a different shop to where I do my usual weekly shop.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm like that in the produce department, too: a kid in a candy store. My husband, who is the cook in the house, never has taken completely seriously the idea that I'd like 2-3 veg's for every meat dish. I've finally taken matters into my own hands and started making my own veg side dishes. That means when I go to the store I can buy every vegetable in sight! Piles of them! I don't have to worry about talking him into cooking them, or dealing with his looking askance at the volume. I get to do this every few days, so as not to fill the small frig to overflowing. I used to avoid going to the grocery store, which requires a goodish drive into town, but now I'm there every day anyway, going to the gym.
  • unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I do my big food shop on a Friday so on a Thursday night I will sit down with the recipe files and cookbooks and find something new and tasty to cook the following week and then will prepare my shopping list accordingly, along with my usual food bits (lunch fillers, cereal etc). I tend to strictly keep to what's on my shopping list but occasionally I will pop something in on a whim (last week was a block of cooked polenta - random).
    My other half says I'm too organised, planning out all my meals, but since I realised my worst two mistakes were 1) going shopping hungry and 2) not having a clue what I was going to buy, I'm buying less sweet/comfort foods and less is going to waste each week.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I LOVE grocery shopping too. I have to go tonight and can't wait lol.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I guess I shop too much, as I like my veggies fresh, so go about 3 times a week. There is nothing exciting about going 3 times a week.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I shop too much too. I'm excited that a new Aldi is going up less than 3 miles from where I live. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No, it's not just you! I love my shopping trips, but I have to space them out because of all the temptations :# I used to buy sweets and snacky foods all the time, but now I want to BUY ALL THE FRUIT AND VEGS. I feel strange :p My trolley is also often filled with "traditional" foods (barley, raisins, dates, oatmeal, sardines, celeriac, dried peas etc), so much that it looks like I'm food shopping for my great-great-grandmother :D
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I LOVE food shopping! :D
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not really excited.
    I haven't changed the kind of food I eat much and I have a tight budget. Everything is planned. Shopping is somewhat stressful actually.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I guess I shop too much, as I like my veggies fresh, so go about 3 times a week. There is nothing exciting about going 3 times a week.

I work from home, so don't need to plan ahead, and go several times a week, and don't get excited about it either.

I do feel virtuous when I load the conveyor belt with vegetables.
  • ARGriffy
    Options
    Loooovvvveee the comments about looking at other people's trollies, I frequently get told by the cashier ooh you're healthy haha! It's not feeling superior or judging others, I just enjoy knowing my body is way happier than other trollies I look in!! And omg veg I always go too mad and end up needing to make soup out of the stuff I didn't get to use!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    ARGriffy wrote: »
    Loooovvvveee the comments about looking at other people's trollies, I frequently get told by the cashier ooh you're healthy haha! It's not feeling superior or judging others, I just enjoy knowing my body is way happier than other trollies I look in!! And omg veg I always go too mad and end up needing to make soup out of the stuff I didn't get to use!

That can be a verrrrry fine line.

• ARGriffy
    Options
    Ah as long it's not vocalised!
  • hotelsix
    hotelsix Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I get SO excited about grocery shopping and meal planning now :smiley: