How do I log this Water workout?

Options
3 times a week I go to the Y with Hubby. There he and I take this class in the pool called Difficulty with movement, and it's taught by a physical therapist. We use a pool noodle and 2 water dumb bells. It's 30 minutes of stretching. Arms, legs and back. We do leg lifts, sit ups and twists in the water among other stuff. Heart rate doesn't get up very much. Lots of twisting and stretching. For the longest time I've been wondering-how do I log this workout?

Replies

• Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Water Aerobics or water cycling
  • Bluejedi79
    Bluejedi79 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thanks. Its just hard for me to believe just by standing in water and stretching I burn 350 some odd calories according to my fitness pal if I log it under water aerobics. But I'll add it there. :) Trying to get in the habit of logging my food and workouts.

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Bluejedi79 wrote: »
    thanks. Its just hard for me to believe just by standing in water and stretching I burn 350 some odd calories according to my fitness pal if I log it under water aerobics. But I'll add it there. :) Trying to get in the habit of logging my food and workouts.

Exercise burns are notoriously over-stated here on MFP. ;)

If you are eating back your exercise calories, the general rule-of-thumb is to only consume about 50% of those or you could easily throw yourself into maintenance by mistake.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Additionally: At your current weight, you could very well be burning 350 calories, but it's always better to err on the side of caution until your weight reduction establishes a pattern that you can expect. :)
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Bluejedi79 wrote: »

It can be hard at first but once you get in the habit of logging things in, it can be unthinkable or automatically. It is easier for me because what I have down is what I eat. Nothing else
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I would log it as yoga or stretching.