TOM and binging

Options
Does anyone else lose all control the day before Auntie Flo comes for a visit. (sorry boys. LOL!) It's like I know it's coming the next day because I can't stop eating. After being "good" all week, and not going out to eat or anything all weekend, last night after my husband went to bed I broke out my FAVORITE but very sugary Crunchy Nut cereal and proceeded to have THREE bowls. Like it tastes soooooo good, that I MUST have more. (This also proves my theory that if you totally deny yourself something you love, you will eventually go nuts on it,) Does anyone else do this? I woke up this morning shaking my head....but also found my Friend. Haha.

Replies

• chris5432
    chris5432 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    yes yes yes!! I fall into this category!!
  • kieva626
    kieva626 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    guilty as charged. lol my stomach becomes a bottomless pit but not just for a day, for like a week.
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Grrrr yes. Mine is so powerful I refer to it as its own entity "the pms demon". My crazy cravings are meat (big juicy steak), and carbs/salty (chips, bagels, pizza). And I'm also so freaking tired during TOM it's all I can do exercise!
  • alison_cpb
    alison_cpb Posts: 23
    Options
    Yup. it's a big problem for me. I am dying for salt before and sugar during... I TRY to make good choices to satisfy the cravings but I don't always win. :blushing:
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    YES!! I just ate a cupcake :grumble: and guess what time it is. If they were my cupcakes (and not brought in by a colleague) I would turn into the cookie monster and devour the whole bloomin lot!! Being a girl sucks! :cry:
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Yep, 2 or 3 days where I am just constantly hungry and nothing keeps me satisfied for very long, I also really crave chocolate.

What I have learned over the years on my weight loss journey though is not to worry about it, I believe that the metabolism is higher in those days as your body 'prepares' itself so you will naturally be burning more. I don't go crazy but I allow myself extra calories on those days and I have never gained weight (other than the water weight that comes straight back off again) from it - so why be miserable and starving or feeling guilting the whole time? Just go for it!
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    First of all, that pic of your baby and ferret is hilarious. :-D it's always at its peak the day before. It's like a PMS symptom. If I can't keep food out of my mouth, AF must be tomorrow. And it almost aways is. It's almost like I have to give in to it, because it's totally out of my control this one day. It's crazy.
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    YESSSS!!!! OMG! I don't like Aunt Flo! : )
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I'm going through it right now. :blushing:
  • jameseylefebure
    jameseylefebure Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    While I have no *actual* time of the month (did take me about 20 mins to figure out what TOM stood for!) I can sympathise. In uni I was the only boy in a house of 6 women (who by the end of the had all synced up - once a month I just shut my door and hid) but one of the girls who I lived with *really* struggled when she was dieting over hre TOM. She used to go out and buy about 8 packets of sugar free jelly two or three day's before she was due and literally filled the fridge with it so she had something sweet to help with the cravings. That might help with some cravings? (like I said - no TOm myself so might now be of any use lol)

Jamesey
    xxx
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    While I have no *actual* time of the month (did take me about 20 mins to figure out what TOM stood for!) I can sympathise. In uni I was the only boy in a house of 6 women (who by the end of the had all synced up - once a month I just shut my door and hid) but one of the girls who I lived with *really* struggled when she was dieting over hre TOM. She used to go out and buy about 8 packets of sugar free jelly two or three day's before she was due and literally filled the fridge with it so she had something sweet to help with the cravings. That might help with some cravings? (like I said - no TOm myself so might now be of any use lol)

Jamesey
    xxx

We appreciate your sympathy. :-D That will help you go far. Haha! I have a fridge with at least two boxes of sugar free jello, yes. Haha! That's usually my go-to...but last night it HAD to be Crunchy Nut. Nothing else would do. LOL!
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    ONE day?? ONE day? Omigosh you are all so blessed! Last TOM I went crazy for about a week, and I mean crazy. One night i ate a WHOLE tub of Ben and Jerry's (frozen yoghurt though) and a bunch of other crap. So much that I had a sugar hangover the next day! I just seem to loose all self control with food and even spending. Definitely a demon! lol
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I fall into this category as well, and this month, I was on Prednisone as well! I'm flat out amazed that I did not gain any weight!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    YES! But for me, it's not before, well maybe the day of and then I get AF and I'm like "THAT's why I was eating like a pig!". But usually it lasts me the whole 4-5 days. It's horrible. This last one I wanted the chinese buffet (I HATE the chinese buffet) but I swear to God nothing, and I mean NOTHING, had ever tasted so good.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I had some really BAD episodes last month with my binging, so I did a little housekeeping. I've removed all of those things that I can possibly make a binge food and replaced them with healthier alternatives (can't wait to try the Fiber One 90-calorie brownies). I've also finally confessed my binges to my DH, and he is in charge of making sure I don't go completely crazy with something. If that means that he doles out the food, he's willing to try it (gotta love him!).

Good luck!!!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Reading this kind of thread makes me SO glad I don't have this issue anymore. It's kind of a bummer in some respects, but NOT this one! :wink:
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I need a bite of everything, or a slurp. Wait until you are my age and it's more of a menopausal thing...it's worse.
    My cycle and my hormones is horribly irregular, and it takes a LOT of willpower to ignore the surges. It's easier to take a nap :)
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    First of all, that pic of your baby and ferret is hilarious. :-D it's always at its peak the day before. It's like a PMS symptom. If I can't keep food out of my mouth, AF must be tomorrow. And it almost aways is. It's almost like I have to give in to it, because it's totally out of my control this one day. It's crazy.

hahahah, its my ferret and my sisters baby - the meeting of the nephews... it makes me laugh just looking at it!!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite situation. My appetite, along with my energy, just disappears during my TOM. Bowel movement slows down, too. It's like I'm dead for one week... Body doesn't want anything in or anything out (unless it's red).
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    One day?!?!?! I wish....more like 5 days of eating everything in sight and feeling terrible about it the whole time as well.