Wireless earbud suggestions?

Options
I want to ask for wireless Bluetooth earbuds for Christmas. I primarily walk, jog/run and use elliptical. What are some of your reasonably priced favorite brands and what do you love about them?
Thanks!

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    All of the 'reasonably priced' eadbuds have disappointed me. I spent more on junk over the years than I spent on my 'expensive' ones. Had I got the good ones first, I would have saved money.

My "not so reasonably priced" favorites are the Jaybird Bluebud X with Comply Foam tips. They sound great and stay in my ear.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    All of the 'reasonably priced' eadbuds have disappointed me. I spent more on junk over the years than I spent on my 'expensive' ones. Had I got the good ones first, I would have saved money.

My "not so reasonably priced" favorites are the Jaybird Bluebud X with Comply Foam tips. They sound great and stay in my ear.

Throw away reasonable and get these if you can. The batteries last for hours and hours and they don't fall out while you're running. They sound great too.
  • crisrmci
    crisrmci Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought my husband the LG ones for his bday in April & he loves them. Great sound & hold a decent charge
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I had the bluebud x. And returned them got jabra sport. Sounds good. 1/3 of the price. More comfortable. I bike jog and lift with these
  • WeaverMission
    WeaverMission Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plantronics backbeat fits. Great sound and they don't move around or come loose
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

This is my story too. I finally got Jaybirds for running and haven't bought another pair since.
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!! I'll look into all of these suggestions!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

This is my story too. I finally got Jaybirds for running and haven't bought another pair since.

DITTO.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Aftershockz Bluez 2.0 it sits over your ears not in or on the ears. Transmits sound via vibration on your skull bone. It doesn't carry deep bass sounds but I love it because it's lightweight, sweat proof, and most of all keeps me safe because I can hear ambient noise when running outside, my ears aren't blocked. Price is about $120 CDN
  • draftsman28
    draftsman28 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Reviving an old thread for current wireless earbud recommendations.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Jaybirds are still good. I have the X3s and they seem up to snuff with prior recommendations.

Plantronics Backbeat fits also get very positive word of mouth. They're not bud style though (some people like/want that, others don't).
  • MikeD0326
    MikeD0326 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have been through a million. I am really rough on them and they tend to go through the laundry occasionally too. One of the trainers at my gym recommended these and they were inexpensive (only $25), stay on my ears, have great battery life and are durable! They aren't Bose, but the sound is decent.
    https://www.amazon.com/Photive-PH-BTE70-Bluetooth-Sweatproof-Headphones/dp/B00XZHQAMC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1502467156&sr=8-5&keywords=photive
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    ltworide wrote: »
    Aftershockz Bluez 2.0 it sits over your ears not in or on the ears. Transmits sound via vibration on your skull bone. It doesn't carry deep bass sounds but I love it because it's lightweight, sweat proof, and most of all keeps me safe because I can hear ambient noise when running outside, my ears aren't blocked. Price is about $120 CDN

A friend of mine has been raving about these since forever. She loves them.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I finally broke down and bought power beats over the ear ones. Only one's I found that stay in place while running. I'm told I have weird ears for earbuds.
  • dewd2
    Options
    I still like the Jaybirds. I did have a couple issues with the original ones. The company replaced them without an issue. I'm told the x'3 fix the issue so I went ahead and upgraded a few months ago. So far I am very happy. They still sound great (for BT headphones) and with the Comply tips they stay in my ear regardless how much I sweat.
  • LizbethHeller
    LizbethHeller Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like the Plantronics Back Beat. 1. They are waterproof (or at least highly resistant) and I sweat a lot when I work out. 2. They hold enough charge to do whatever I want to do. 3. They stay in place when I run. 4. They do not completely block outside noise (I use them to run outside, so that's a plus for me.)
  • draftsman28
    draftsman28 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I still like the Jaybirds. I did have a couple issues with the original ones. The company replaced them without an issue. I'm told the x'3 fix the issue so I went ahead and upgraded a few months ago. So far I am very happy. They still sound great (for BT headphones) and with the Comply tips they stay in my ear regardless how much I sweat.

Dewd how long have you had the JBX3's and how often do you use them? I've read several reviews of bluetooth earbuds shorting out from sweat.
  • dewd2
    edited August 2017
    Options

Dewd how long have you had the JBX3's and how often do you use them? I've read several reviews of bluetooth earbuds shorting out from sweat.

That was the problem with the originals. I had 2 pair replaced because of sweat. The x3's have been redesigned so it should not be an issue. The only thing I don't like about them is the charger. They now have an external connector and I am afraid I'll lose it.

I've had them for about 5 months and I use them 2-3 times a week.

ETA - I am wearing them in my profile selfie. :smile:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I like the Plantronics Back Beat. 1. They are waterproof (or at least highly resistant) and I sweat a lot when I work out. 2. They hold enough charge to do whatever I want to do. 3. They stay in place when I run. 4. They do not completely block outside noise (I use them to run outside, so that's a plus for me.)

I love them too and not blocking noise is another reason I like them, but most of all they last a whole week before they need to be charged with near daily use and they charge fast.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I have the previous model Jaybirds (pre X3) and haven't been particularly happy with them. 1) I have frequent drop outs and interruptions. I don't know if that's something peculiar to this set of BT headphones or just a function of where I run/workout being "noisey" because I've never had anything but the Jaybirds and so I can't compare them. 2) I hate the "foamy" ear buds. I want to hear things around me when I'm running, not block out that cyclist climbing up my azz at 15 mph on the trail. For those reasons I pretty much stick to $15-20 wired headphones, although I haven't been that happy there either.