What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    This is totally crap compared to all your ace achievements, but it's big one for me and I'm excited to share it!

Today I did my first home dumbell routine. I didn't wuss out or make excuses. I just did it!

I was late getting my toddler in bed, I hadn't made dinner, I hadn't tidied up or prepped my stuff for work tomorrow and I was a bit scared as if no idea what I was doing.

But I put my exercise first and I did it!

I also resisted lunch out and cake out a s then also my mum offering food. It was hard i won't lie but this is my first week so I'm learning.

Long live this motivation ha ha!
  • natajane
    I logged almost 12,000 steps yesterday.

That's really good! It's not easy to walk that much in a normal day at all.
  • natajane
    Getting married wasn't on my list of motivation for losing weight, I had no idea I'd be getting married any time even remotely soon when I started my new lifestyle in April last year, but I finally got to marry my long-term boyfriend John this past Friday and it felt so bloody good to walk into the registry office as the slim bride I never thought I could be! John couldn't stop telling me how beautiful I looked, and I had so many compliments from other people, it was a wonderful boost for my low self-esteem. I actually felt pretty, and proud of myself. :)

8u4hn6r7hlxk.jpg

[/

Wowsers! You are beautiful.

Congratulations on your marriage.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    I bench pressed 45kg this morning!!!!! I know it's not much compared to the huge amounts others do. But I've been stuck at 30 for ages.
  • MacHaloC
    MacHaloC Posts: 42 Member
    365 days of logging :)
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Congrats, Mac!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    Walked into supermarket.
    Picked up packet of chocolate biscuits and large bag of salt & vinegar crisps
    Walked to self-checkout
    Scanned items
    Stood for a minute in contemplation
    Turned to girl manning the area and lied "I'm so sorry, I've forgotten my card. I'll have to leave these"
    Hot-footed it outta there empty handed

Oh my goodness! That must have been so difficult! I hope you are celebrating the victory with gusto, because you deserve high fives! Congratulations!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    natajane wrote: »
    This is totally crap compared to all your ace achievements, but it's big one for me and I'm excited to share it!

Today I did my first home dumbell routine. I didn't wuss out or make excuses. I just did it!

I was late getting my toddler in bed, I hadn't made dinner, I hadn't tidied up or prepped my stuff for work tomorrow and I was a bit scared as if no idea what I was doing.

But I put my exercise first and I did it!

I also resisted lunch out and cake out a s then also my mum offering food. It was hard i won't lie but this is my first week so I'm learning.

Long live this motivation ha ha!

Total crap = something that's not good...

What you did = AWESOME! !!!

You do realize that every one of those baby steps are going to add up to VICTORY some day, don't you?

Well, if you didn't realize, I am here to bonk you on the head and tell you YOU HAD A SUCESSFUL DAY AND MADE SOME GREAT CHOICES FOR YOURSELF!!!

...keep up the good work.... :smiley:
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Walked into supermarket.
    Walked to self-checkout
    Scanned items
    Turned to girl manning the area and lied "I'm so sorry, I've forgotten my card. I'll have to leave these"

@Livgetfit that is some willpower! I don't think I would have been able to do that.
  • summerdaze120
    edited December 2015
  • summerdaze120
    My NSV for today is setting a new PR for my mile time! 11 minutes and 08 seconds!
    0egh0478am8k.jpg
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    1095 days streak
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Walked into supermarket.
    Walked to self-checkout
    Scanned items

@Livgetfit that is some willpower! I don't think I would have been able to do that.
    bri170lb wrote: »
    Oh my goodness! That must have been so difficult! I hope you are celebrating the victory with gusto, because you deserve high fives! Congratulations!

Thanks guys. This is my favourite thread because I actually weighed in +2kg in water weight this morning and I truly felt crappy.

Writing this made me focus for the day ahead and feel like I'm not a failure.
  • GraceManko
    GraceManko Posts: 21 Member
    NSV today: 2 day straight of being active and I logged it.

Every little step I take to be healthier seems to be boosting my self confidence. Got some excellent feedback for my resume and job search. Hopefully after Christmas, I'll get something stable.

I feel good!
  • caterinahart
    caterinahart Posts: 18 Member
    My big NSV for the day is having my jeans not so tight!
  • bonsmom
    bonsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Went down to my old office earlier this week to participate in the company health fair. Everyone kept telling me how great I look. Made my day!

Got bloodwork results back today and my numbers are FANTASTIC! That made my freakin' month! Even though I see it in my clothes and in the mirror and others see it as well, there is something so gratifying about it showing up in test results. I am one happy camper!
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    1. I won a small t-shirt and it fits
    2. I survived almost 10 miles of hill repeats cycling on a hill that I couldn't make it up last year!
    astylla wrote: »
    Went to store to waste time after doctor appointment and shorts that didn't fit two weeks ago now fit easily!

Also while cleaning out my closet two pairs of size 22 pants BOTH fit with no bulge or muffin top. I am thrilled.
    Way to go everybody! This topic is amazing and I love reading through all the great things we've accomplished!

I have a few of my own to add... :)

- kind of scale related... This is the least I've weighed since November 2012!!!

- someone noticed that I've lost today! I replied with "just a little bit!" (22 with 80 to go) and she said "not little, you more skinny!" (English is her third language :smile: )

- I went to a friend's wedding last week... In a form fitting dress and it looked good! My confidence is sky high! Even better... In my " what to wear" panic three weeks ago I bought three dresses.. Two of which I was more comfortable in than the one I ultimately wore... But they were at least two sizes too big by the night before the wedding!! The smile on my face when I returned them and had to tell the sales lady they were " much too big "... :blush:

Let's keep the NSVs coming! :smiley:
    My most recent NSV is taking a selfie with my daughter and seeing dimples again! I have hated how I've looked for so long and I actually don't hate this picture and my dimples are back. Can't remember the last time I saw those, I know it was when a Bush was in office! Even the fact that I was willing to take a selfie is a NSV in itself. I really needed that motivation, too. Have been becoming complacent recently, so thank you God!

What's your recent NSV?

Whats nsv??
    lisemae wrote: »
    Recently, I tried on size 9 jeans. They were snug but buttoned. Size 11s are much comfier. Not sure the last time I tried on 9s.
    I just ran 3 miles in 31:04. I'm super happy with this, especially as I've been averaging 12 minute miles. The run was with a running club I just joined. this is probably the best decision I've made in quite a while as I know they will push me to be a better, faster runner.

Fantastic. I joined a running club at my gym in the spring - best thing I did. There are now only 4 of us but we run twice a week and they push me. I recently did a 10k in 59 minutes which I didn't think possible. Great bunch of guys. I am the slowest but they are really encouraging and never let me feel I am holding them up.

10K in 59 minutes? I can't even imagine doing that! Maybe one day. But you're right about them pushing you. They weren't pushing me today but they did give me a lot of encouragement and congratulated me on my time. Especially as I'd admitted I usually run a 12 minute mile.
    lseed87 wrote: »
    Went to the cider mill today and only ate one donut and had one cup of cider. I allowed myself a treat, didn't feel guilty and couldn't believe the difference between how I looked last year as compared to this year! tiuerajg8uej.jpeg

Amazing transformation! Really want to go apple picking soon

Thank you!!
    zira91 wrote: »
    my jeans are all too big now that it need belt and it still need me to adjust it time to time to make sure it wont fall down.. i no longer have back fat and i can finally see my collar bone.. lol.. and yep, i have that one skirt that cant even get above my thigh for me to wear, and now it can and it actually a tad too big now..

the downside is that, i have to spend money to renew the wardrobe time to time but the best side is that its so so much easier now to buy cute clothes you like, when you can fit the usually 'free size' one that you normally stay away from and get frustrated of.. ;)
    votkuhr wrote: »
    hvp33ykoftyn.jpg

Just completed my first ever Spartan race!
    shrcpr wrote: »
    I have two pairs of pants from before I gained this weight and I tried them on yesterday and they fit! I'm not at goal yet but I'm at least back where I was.

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Getting married wasn't on my list of motivation for losing weight, I had no idea I'd be getting married any time even remotely soon when I started my new lifestyle in April last year, but I finally got to marry my long-term boyfriend John this past Friday and it felt so bloody good to walk into the registry office as the slim bride I never thought I could be! John couldn't stop telling me how beautiful I looked, and I had so many compliments from other people, it was a wonderful boost for my low self-esteem. I actually felt pretty, and proud of myself. :)

8u4hn6r7hlxk.jpg

Congratulations! You look beautiful together :)
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    Needed new underwear and saw that AE was having a Black Friday sale on their Aerie underwear. I haven't been able to fit into AE clothes for 10+ years. Bought their largest size, thinking "I'll be lucky if they fit". They came in the mail and they're huge!! I could have ordered two sizes smaller. Guess my mind hasn't caught up with my body :-P
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    I just had my lipid panel done. When I started in August cholesterol was 269 as of yesterday it was 187!!!

Done with diet and exercise only no medications!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!