Dirty 30- Let's get healthy!

Options

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    laurenlmt wrote: »
    Question of the day: When do you find it hardest to stick to your goals? What do you do to overcome these urges?

Good question! For me it's when I'm out with friends/co-workers eating. I try and plan ahead and workout hard the morning of, or later that night.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Question of the day: When do you find it hardest to stick to your goals? What do you do to overcome these urges?

It's hard for me right before my period. I just become ravenous. I'm literally bulking and eating at a surplus right now but I was STILL hungry. I have a lot of high volume meals that help with that.

I struggle the day after I dead lift as well because I actually am very hungry. Again, I usually fix it with high volume meals/desserts.
  • laurenlmt
    laurenlmt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

It's hard for me right before my period. I just become ravenous. I'm literally bulking and eating at a surplus right now but I was STILL hungry. I have a lot of high volume meals that help with that.

I struggle the day after I dead lift as well because I actually am very hungry. Again, I usually fix it with high volume meals/desserts.

What do you make for your high volume meals?
  • mmolenda06
    mmolenda06 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you all as well. I am aiming for a better than college body as well. I'll be 33 in January.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options

I was always a mindless/boredom eater. So when it's down time, sitting on the couch and watching TV or reading, that is when my hunger signals kick in. I am still working on that. I started either going for a walk, or doing some other chore to take my mind off of it. It's been working really well.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

What do you make for your high volume meals?

I use shirataki noodles which have like 5-40 calories (for two bags!), with about 400 gram of zucchini and squash, lean meat, 60g of low sugar tomato sauce, and laughing cow cheese mixed in. I also eat Arctic Zero ice cream (a lot of people poo poo it but I don't care) and add in pb2 and sometimes an oreo or something. If i eat a salad, I will literally eat the whole bag of prepared lettuce/greens with a can of tuna, maybe a half serving of black beans, and a laughing cow cheese. I use chipotle sauce instead of dressing.

I'll also make zoats instead of oat. Protein fluff (200 calories and it can be so filling I can barely finish). I make popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave without oil. The list goes on...
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    I failed Thanksgiving. Was anyone good at keeping up with their plans? How did you do it? If you failed like me how will you handle the rest of the upcoming holidays?
  • Momgoals1234
    Momgoals1234 Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey all! Im almost 30. Married with 2 youngsters. And have 80-100 lbs to lose!
    Feeling overwhelmed but I am taking it one step at a time
  • Jeanette562
    Jeanette562 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I turned 30 in October and I hit my goal of getting to a healthy weight! Now I'm setting new goals you guys are all capable! Good luck!
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I didn't log in as regularly as I liked this Thanksgiving weekend. Two days of skiing was all the exercise I got, but that was quite rigorous and got my weight down by a couple of pounds. Hope to get back on track with exercise this week!
  • arditarose
    Options
    I failed Thanksgiving. Was anyone good at keeping up with their plans? How did you do it? If you failed like me how will you handle the rest of the upcoming holidays?

I failed really badly. I'm in a surplus already, so if I go even DEEPER into a surplus I'll gain too fast. I ate so much I had to go to sleep. I took some tums and got up to shove some pie in my face and then went back to sleep. When I was done on the second day I couldn't fit into my pants.

SO my goal for christmas is to eat at a deficit a few days before, try to moderate a LITTLE better than I did for Thanksgiving, and hopefully everything will even out. I'll do the same for New Years.
  • DarynE527
    DarynE527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 31 and looking to get back into a closet full of cute clothes. I have 2 kids (9 & 12) and I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant! Looking to lose about 30-40lbs.
  • AmandaMMeister
    AmandaMMeister Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am 32, and also working on a healthier lifestyle, I started eating right and exercising in September of this year and so far I am down 29.8 pounds! And it feels great!
  • Kurriana
    Kurriana Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I turned 30 back in August, I cant seem to stick to any type of plan. My husband told me about this app because I always feel so alone and not motivated. I'm super overweight too :( but feel free to add me since im new and I look forward to making friends here :)
  • fishiewishy
    fishiewishy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was thirty in July and have two children 2 and 8 months, and plan more. I really want to lose the pregnancy weight from baby two before having more children, mainly because I just feel so uncomfortable. Also because I feel that if I work to get back to pre-pg weight between pgs then I will find it easy the next time. I'm lucky in that I don't tend to put on a huge amount, it's more about toning up gross loose skin.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Hey group! I did pretty well during Thanksgiving, but the scale still hasn't moved for about 2 weeks now. I am hoping it's just being stubborn as I've been good since Saturday. 116 days until my 30th birthday!
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    Hey everyone if you haven't added me as a friend please do so! I would love for us to all help and support each other.
    Topic of the day:

When your body is sore from a work out what do you do the next day? I like to do easier machines like the elliptical or bike.
  • laurenlmt
    Options
    ALSO great job for those who were good during Thanksgiving Keep up the great work!
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I turn 30 in January and need to lose about 50 pounds. I'm currently have a mini crisis as I am approaching this milestone birthday. I really want to get healthier and need a new supportive group to help me! Please add me!
  • nikhbee
    nikhbee Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone if you haven't added me as a friend please do so! I would love for us to all help and support each other.
    Topic of the day:

When your body is sore from a work out what do you do the next day? I like to do easier machines like the elliptical or bike.

I like this feeling actually. Most of the time I focus on either the upper, lower body or the core so I'm not totally wiped out the next day.
    I'd do a short aerobics/stretching exercise (FitnessBlender workouts) or some light cardio like the elliptical.