Pedometer App

memiller57
memiller57 Posts: 5
edited 11:44AM in Fitness and Exercise
I found the Nike+ GPS app for my IPhone and I love it. I walk 30 - 40 min. during my lunch hour and it tracks my pace, distance, time and calories burnt. Plus, I can use it anywhere -- at the mall, on vacation, etc., and it takes the guesswork out of it. It's a free app right now to celebrate their 5th anniversary.

Replies

• beachbum13
    beachbum13 Posts: 96 Member
    How do you get it to register your steps? I cannot. I have to attach the Nike+ receiver to have it count my steps.
  • This app doesn't count steps but tracks miles. When you go into the app, you just "start a new run" and it will track everything and store it for you.
  • When you're finished, touch the "end workout" and it will calculate & store your walk in the "history" section. You can look back at previous walks by selecting the "history" tab.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    So you don't have to have the Nike+ receiver or anything? And would it work on iPod touch or does it have to connect to internet to work?
  • You don't have to have the Nike+ receiver. It is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone4 and iPod touch (2nd, 3rd & 4th generations) running iOS 4.0 or later.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Thanks! I will have to try it out!
This discussion has been closed.