Any Jawbone UP Users On Here?

Options
Hey everyone,

My name is Kevin and I've been on MFP for a couple months. My girl bought an UP24 for me and I love it. One thing I've learned is that it is better and easier to stay in shape than to have to get back in shape. I made a healthy lifestyle change a few years ago and lost 40 pounds, now I need to maintain it and my UP and MFP is really helping me stay on target.

Hope to meet some cool folks!

Thanks

Kevin

Replies

• OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I've just been comparing the different UP models, and also fitbits, trying to decide. I think I have it narrowed down to the UP24 and the UP3. I like that the UP3 is more sleek, and also less expensive. Do you find it to be a problem synching it to MFP? Any insight would be great. Thanks.
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    Oops, I meant the UP24 is more sleek!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have just the basic Up for now (I think my bestie and I are getting each other FitBits for xmas) and I love it so far. Its really helping me more with my sleep habits and I LOVE that it "rates" your food entries on a scale of 1-10 and gives suggestions for improving literally everything in your life health wise. Really makes you much more conscious of what youre actually putting in your body. I realized a lot of my favorite snacks and meals werent actually nearly as healthy as I thought. and in conjunction with MFP i feel like theres no reason this shouldnt be cake work this time around.
  • MamaGoat1
    MamaGoat1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've had the UP3 for a couple of days. Still learning, but loving it so far. I'm a few days away from being 55. So I have a larger learning curve than you younger ones. I'm working toward losing baby fat from my baby that's getting married in a year!
    Any tips and tricks with the UP would be appreciated! Right now, I'm still in the fascination stage with it!
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    I'm right there with you, MamaGoat1, it's hard unlearning what we once thought were healthy habits.
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I have the Up Move! I love it! :smile: Feel free to add me.
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    I got the UP2 yesterday.
  • hwara37
    hwara37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just got mine the other day!
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    So, let's talk about our Jawbone UP's!

I especially like that I've set it to buzz me if I'm idle for 30 minutes. It's a good reminder to get up and move, and keeps me from squandering my day.

What features are YOU using?
  • hwara37
    hwara37 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use them all lol. Reminders, idle , alarm, sleep tracking, even linked with mfp and map my walk! Just really utilizing it as much as possible to get back on the weight loss. Did so well last year and beginning of this year but slacked off the last six months or i would be pretty close to my goal weight :( but it is a brand new day!
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    @hwara37 is map my walk linked to your UP, or to MFP? Or is it that once you link something it links to everything else that's already linked? (Have I used the word "link" enough? LOL)

Do things get confused using more than one step tracker?
  • PirateJeni
    PirateJeni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My partner and I just ordered the UP2 from Amazon and I can't wait to get my hands on it (for some reason, she picked "no rush shipping" for the $1.00 credit completely forgetting that I like to get my new tech ASAP!)

Been using my phone in the meantime (downloaded the app). The only thing I'm not keen on so far is that MyFitnessPal does a bulk import of the meals, but since MyFitnessPal has a better database of foods, I'll just have to learn to live with it.

Pretty jazzed about the sleep tracking.. can't wait to try it.. **taps feet** <- This counts as exercise, right?
  • TrueQuest
    TrueQuest Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been a jawbone user for over a year now, and LOVE it! I had a jawbone up24 until it broke because I lost the cap grrr. I then got a fitbit charge because of all the craze and wasn't fond of it because I hated the app - it only measured total calorie burn instead of separately like jawbone so at the end of the day it said I'd burned 2500 calories and that included resting calories but I never knew how many I actually burned...hope that makes since (jawbone measures resting calories and calories burned and show both on their app.) I since returned the fitbit charge and got a jawbone up2, and I love it even more. Much sleeker design light weight and can't tell it's on my wrist. Also it looks like jewelry instead of a bulky piece of plastic on your wrist :)
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    @TrueQuest I'm glad to see another UP2 user! I like it a lot for the info it gives. Especially the meal scores. Sometimes it'll sync the calories, but not show it on the timeline, though. Does that happen to you, too?
  • MissYatta90
    MissYatta90 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just got an Up and I'm looking for teammates. Feel free to to add me: Kenyatta Perry
  • goingtobefitwithoutstress
    Options
    Kenyatta Perry added you
  • geekgrrl0
    geekgrrl0 Posts: 10 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My wife just gave me a UP3 yesterday as a gift and I love it. I really love the app and the sleep tracking seems to be the best on the market. I'm super techy and if the app can impress me, I'm super excited to see what else this wearable can do for my life!

It was slightly uncomfortable when I first put it on because I sized it for the smallest part of my wrist. I ended up moving it up my arm about 1 inch and it changed the entire experience. Wore it while sleeping last night and it woke me up this morning at the lightest point in my sleep cycle...so amazingly cool! Finally got it synced up with MFP this morning and as BrittanyNicholexx said above, it rates your meals!

Feel free to add me if you're looking for teammates: stephani horstman
  • kristijohn61
    kristijohn61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear everyone likes their Jawbone Up, I've been using together with MFP for a year or two. I have found that my old UP24 synced more accurately with the MFP in regards to exercise and allowable calories. For example, if I'm supposed to have 1480 calories a day my new UP3 is giving me too many allowable calories by the end of the day. Even if I don't exercise I get more food with the UP3. Whereas the UP24 only gave you extra calories to eat when you exercised. It is increasing the calories on both MFP and the UP. I will GAIN weight if I follow what it's giving me. Has anyone experienced this and how did you correct it.... I'm thinking its in the setup somewhere. Thanks!
  • OyGeeBiv
    Options
    @kristijohn61 Did you change anything about your settings when you switched trackers, such as your activity level?

I've got mine set to sedentary (which is accurate for me) and the UP gives me calories for every step I take. If you have yours set for another level, some of your movement is already accounted for, so I don't know how the UP adjusts for that.

I don't eat back my exercise calories anyway, so it's not relevant in that way, but I like to track just to have the data, and to make sure I don't slack off. Since you know you want to/should be eating 1480 calories, then eat that, regardless of what the apps tell you.
  • kristijohn61
    kristijohn61 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Nothing changed on MFP from the old UP to the UP. It started acting up when I synced the new device, so I just unsynced the two and will keep it separate for now. I'll manually add my exercise and see if I get a few more calories.