HEY GUYS FROM TORONTO! Any of you guys have a FITBIT?

Options
I was debating whether or not I should get a Fitbit to get me started!..... Most likely the Fitbit charge, but I've read some reviews and the straps are usually a main problem. I wanted to know what your thoughts were?! Thanks :)

Replies

• jessicadianecarriex
    Options
    I've had my FitBit Charge HR for about 7 months now. I absolutely love it! It took about a week to get used to , but now I feel naked without it. Just make sure you keep it clean and if water or debris get under it, clean it up as soon as possible or you will break out! Good luck!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Had a Fitbit one for about 18 months and found it very handy for making sure I moved enough in a day. I got a fitbit hr for mothers day this year and love it. It has fine tuned tracking my exercise and calories burned as well as steps. I haven't had any problems with the strap, I don't wear it at night just to give my wrist a break (I have arthritis in that hand/wrist), and as above I quickly dry it if it becomes wet or sweaty. Which Fitbit just depends on how much you want it to do.
  • beatonjason83
    beatonjason83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've got the Fitbit that doesn't have the watch part...lol it was a gift but I love it.
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I loved my fitbit, and still think it was a great buy, until the little usb dongle that plugs into the laptop got knocked and broke (expensive little replacement). I now just use my iPhones step tracker in Health which links to MFP in a similar way.

Had no problem with the strap, once you find your preferred notch its just like a watch, you forget about it and it just becomes part of you.
  • jkquinn13
    jkquinn13 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I had a Fitbit charge HR and it was awesome. No issues at all.
    Liked it so much I now have a surge and it's amazing.
    Nice thing about Fitbit is they stand behind their products. Keep your receipts and they will make you happy.
  • kjtremmel
    kjtremmel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit and i love the thing. As a previous poster stated, it becomes like wearing a watch. I don't always have my phone on me so that makes a step tracker hard to use. I am a post weight loss surgery patient (yes i gained all the weight back but my failure was related to non-bypass health issues) so I am very well schooled in how to properly eat. For some reason, the Fitbit allows me to more precisely track what it is that I am eating. i am also on an obscenely expensive weight loss medication that among other things, severely suppresses one's appetite. Where the Fit-bit comes in handy is, like when i had the bypass, i have a hard time actually eating enough. (yes, shocking I know.) For those who think just limiting calories causes weight loss, that is misinformation. Not only does one need to engage in physical activity, it is important to adjust your diet to balance that. The fitbit application lets you track your activity and your food with a lot of nutrition information breakdown like percentages of fat, protein and carbs, etc. Since the application is now linked with the database in MFP, there are even more ways to just scan your food label and go. overall the Fitbit is a great tool to track both your intake and output in one place. I do know how to eat reasonably, but even i surprise my self sometimes.
  • jennynooyen1
    jennynooyen1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you sooooo much for the feed back guys, it really helped a lot. Gonna pick one up tomorrow :) can't wait to use it!!!!! I'm glad that the Fitbit has helped you guys stay motivated and keep track of your daily routines, I'm definitely looking forward to it!