No sugar til January 2nd

Options
So today I've decided that I will have no junk for a month! I've been allowing myself too many sweets and need to break the habit. Anyone wanna join me?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    What counts as junk? Are sweets in fruit flavored yogurt ok?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You're transitioning to veganism AND cutting out all sugar (do you mean added sugar?) for a month? That's a lot to take on all at once.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    No sugar? I think I'd lose all sanity.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Pass
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    That's going to be tough, especially over Christmas.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    No.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    fhf4w0d5lqio.jpeg
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Instead of cutting it all out, maybe slowly reduce how much you're eating? Try sugar or sweets just once a sweet and don't fuss over things if it fits in your daily allowance
  • kaylajane11
    kaylajane11 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    At Christmas time? Not a chance.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Not to seem harsh but it sounds like a good way to set yourself up to go overboard with sweets on Jan. 2nd.
  • jandis80
    jandis80 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd do no sweets for 6 days then one day a week have sweets.
  • idioblast
    idioblast Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    fhf4w0d5lqio.jpeg

So much this.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    So today I've decided that I will have no junk for a month! I've been allowing myself too many sweets and need to break the habit. Anyone wanna join me?

@natalienwilson9 welcome to MFP forums.

Best of success on reducing your sugar. Just cutting out most all processed foods will enable you to make that work for you but it does remove 90% of food items in the grocery store from your shopping list. I did it for a month last year and got to feeling so much less aches and pains now over a year later I am still not eating processed foods for pain management.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil is a processed food.
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have been sugar-free for 14 years, it's so worth it and friggin' tasty!! You just have to expand your horizons! ;)
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    Options

I'm assuming you mean all added/processed sugars? Can't be cutting out fruit/veg totally until then!

Best of luck to you!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    You're transitioning to veganism AND cutting out all sugar (do you mean added sugar?) for a month? That's a lot to take on all at once.

WOW

is someone flailing around a little here and setting too many goals..over a party season?

highway to crash and burn IME and IMHO

OP - try making small changes
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I have been sugar-free for 14 years, it's so worth it and friggin' tasty!! You just have to expand your horizons! ;)

No, you haven't.
  • Pollywog_la
    Pollywog_la Posts: 103 Member
    Options

I stopped all added sugar or processed stuff with added sugar (like soda and even ketchup) 3 years ago for health reasons. It was hard at first but got easier. I hope you can do it for this month, and hopefully you can keep some reduction when you end it.
    Whenever you are tempted, remind yourself you can have a taste in a month or 2. You don't have to give up everything forever...just a month. And when that month is over...see how it goes.

That one change is pretty big.

Good luck.
  • NotSoPerfectPam
    NotSoPerfectPam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good luck Natalie. Sorry for all the haters. I am kicking as much of the sugar and processed foods as I can for as long as I can (I started Monday) and alcohol too. I know the holiday season may derail me, but even more reason to just say no, because it's not just the holiday foods that are packed with sugar, but pretty much everything else in the house. The carbs tend to set me off on a cycle where I am constantly hungry and seeking more of anything but healthy foods. Just giving it up cold turkey seems to work best. I've done this in the past, and while it only lasted two weeks, it really jumpstarted my diets.