Plateaued for months

Options
Cannot get last 10-15 pounds of college weight off despite staying just under my daily calorie goal. Eating healthy - not sure what to change in my diet to get these extra pounds off.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    The last 10-15 can be hard. There is little room for error as your TDEE has decreased. If you really have not lost in months you are in maintenance and your logging is off. Have you recalculated your TDEE? Are you using a food scale? Just get things tightened up and you'll be back on track.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What are your stats -- height and weight? Remember, you're not a teen-ager anymore, so you might be a bit heavier. Also, if you're not losing, it's possible that this is the right weight for you and you could do a "recomp", strength training to improve your body's muscle tone and appearance. I stopped losing and ended up eating at maintenance and doing that. I have lost inches, but not pounds and improved my body shape.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    ekh163m0pl2b.jpg

Follow this.
  • kck2013
    kck2013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Do you go by scale only? I've plateaued for months now but my figure keeps changing acc. to my bodymeasurements hence I'm replacing fat with muscles, which is good enough for the moment. In the long run, when there's no more fat to be replaced by muscles, I'm sure the scale will pick up again and go down a little bit further. Even if I continue to eat the way I do now.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing, you're not in a deficit. Look to your logging.
  • Rzammit71
    Rzammit71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How often do you log your body measurements ?
  • Rzammit71
    Options
    Thanks for the flow charts
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes. 'Plateauing for months' pretty much equals 'eating at maintenance,' no?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are RARE. There are very few that I've ever met that were exact and consistent for months with no weight movement.
    One may be stalled on their weight loss, but that's usually due to maintenance eating and homeostasis. One thing one should attempt first is to increase the intensity of whatever physical activity they are currently doing to help increase calorie burn and metabolic rate.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Rzammit71
    Options
    Maybe a change of 5 pounds but always creeps back up to where I started