CoFFee ☕️☕️☕️

Options
2»

Replies

• samtrz
    samtrz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Drink it black! I know it tastes gross, but eventually it won't! Take it from someone who forced themselves to get used to it.

Also, I like putting 1tbsp of skim milk and 1tsp of ground cinnamon in my iced coffee in the morning.

The "drink it black until it tastes good" method worked for me in college when I moved into a dorm without ready fridge access, and I haven't looked back since.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Silk Almond Milk French Vanilla Creamer or So Delicious French Vanilla or Hazelnut. Both are non-dairy and only 20 calories per Tbsp. I usually put in 2 Tbsp for 1 cup of coffee and it's just enough. I keep both on hand at all times.
  • Jenntones
    Jenntones Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use monk fruit that's in the baking section at the grocery store. Way better than sugar!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If it is caffeine you need, chew two of these: military energy gum, they are amazing

Sorry, sir. No gum can replace coffee. Nuh-uh.
  • DarynE527
    DarynE527 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use flavored creamers because they're already sweet and you don't have to add any sugar.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    really good quality coffee doesn't need much if anything. I usually just have a splash of 1% to cut it a bit as my wife makes very strong coffee.
  • jodinelbergen
    jodinelbergen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Silk Extra-Vanilla Soymilk. I use 1/3 cup in a large mug of coffee: 43 calories with 5 gr sugar and 1.2 gr fat. This is a big improvement over the super sweet creamers I used to use.
  • stepsuccess
    stepsuccess Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started this week and plan to lose 7kg, I would like your help!
    I will have some record your ideas. Thanks!!!
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipped cream (like no carbs) and sugar that is very low in carbs.

I've never met a low carb sugar ;)
  • HollyMarie0595
    HollyMarie0595 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it anymore but when I did and trting to cut back on my sugar intake I used unsweetened coconut milk. It's sweek enough that you won't need to add sugar in my opinion and I loved sugar in my coffee. If it's not sweet enough for you just add more!
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    sugar that is very low in carbs.

Mallybear2020, Sugar IS 100% REFINED carbohyrates

That's because since there's no fat, protein, air, nor water in sugar. the only thing left IS carbs.

In a nutshell......
    Calories are from :
    1-Fat
    2-Protein
    3-Carbohyrates. (Subcategories are refined, simple, complex, soluble fiber, insoluble fiber)

Things that DON"T have calories:
    1- Air
    2- Water

• zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee but one is enough for me. So, I just have it the way I like it. I compared switching to Coffee Mate or International Delight for creamer but there's actually MORE calories in that than in my half and half! The only thing I may change is stevia for a sweetener but really, I just log the cals and enjoy this simple pleasure. I tried the whole - take it black until you enjoy it thing - but in 34 yrs of drinking coffee I have never liked it black and I probably never will. The nice thing about MFP is that you need to make choices about your diet based on your calories. This means I really enjoy what I consume because I made a conscious decision to eat or drink it.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup fairlife whole milk (38 cals), splenda, and a few drops of either vanilla extract, imitation maple syrup flavor, or imitation caramel flavor (lots of flavor choices next to the spices in the baking aisle, and a little cheaper than buying torani sugar free syrups).
  • abertrand87
    abertrand87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i hate to say it, but I don't count my creamer in my coffee. it's the one thing I leave out of the calorie counting...doesn't seem to make a difference though - I still lose
  • CosplayCaramel
    CosplayCaramel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I taught myself to drink black coffee (not for calories, just because I never remember to buy milk...) and I do enjoy it now. I save the flavoured lattes at the coffee shop as an occasional treat. Saves me calories and money...