healthiest yogurt?

Options
I am eating dannon nonfat yogurt greek (80 calories) - I don't really care about the calories, but I am looking for a healthy yogurt. What do you guys eat and is it healthy? Looking for help.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Fage plain greek yogurt 2% or 0% is my favorite of the ones I've tried. Don't know why it wouldn't be healthy. I also really like Siggi, which is technically skyr, I guess.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    fage and chaboni are true greek yogurts so they are healthiest to me. i did not care for the chaboni ones though but, i really like the fage 0%, we don't seem to get the 2% fage around here for some reason but, i probably would love that one more if we did.
  • sgos16
    sgos16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fage is my favorite Greek yogurt, but try Skyr. More protein and I think it tastes better.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Healthy is relative. Does it mean no calorie, no sugar, no artificial anything, what?
  • adriennemarieb
    adriennemarieb Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Have you tried kefir?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know about "healthy" but I prefer Fage to anything. I will eat 400g in a sitting.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I like Fage, too!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I love liberte but sugar nazis wouldn't
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love dannon for taste and love the how low in calories it is.
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like Fage and Greek Gods. I usually get 2% because there's something about the mouthfeel of 0% for me. Can't say whether these are "healthy" but they certainly taste good!
  • gainer39911
    gainer39911 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt and mix in fresh fruits
  • dee_thurman
    dee_thurman Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fage is the most popular yogurt... I will have to try it.
  • dee_thurman
    Options
    2% or 0% you think?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Start with the 0%
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    They are all healthy. Manufacturers use different combinations of bacteria so will have marginally different effects. Fat percentage matters if you are watching calories closely. If not, choose by taste.

Greek yogurt is higher in protein.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USAzjWFHRPPZNJNm_rfNZqfUbLyMm-obA-aadT7kydk/edit?usp=sharing
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I buy Chobani. Real ingredients, no "chemicals".
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do we have a definition of healthy that we're working with yet? Personally, I'm cheap and will buy whatever is on sale. Sometimes it's Yoplait or Oikos and sometimes it's Voskos and sometimes it's Fage.
  • seo43
    seo43 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think Fage 0% is the best tasting one that I've tried, and Chobani a close second. I haven't noticed a huge difference between the Fage 0% and 2%. It doesn't seem to even compare to Greek Gods or Oikos. But it's more about personal taste than anything. And how you're eating it. If I'm putting it in a recipe, then I'll buy whatever is on sale that week. But if you're planning to have it alone, with just some fruit or granola, it's best to go with quality.
  • dee_thurman
    Options
    I am not sure how to define healthy. It is part of the reason why I asked the question. pdxwine brings up a good point that there are no chemicals in Chobani. Does that make it healthier than Fage? I have watched some documentaries on netflix about food and health. They make you think. Maybe they are just the documentaries that I watched but it seems like netflix is all about eating vegetables, real food, juicing fruits and vegetables and brings up questions about how much meat Americans are eating. One documentary makes the claim that eating meat (or a lot of meat) is directly related to developing cancer. The theme that everyone film hit on was that eating plant based food (fruits and vegetables), fresh if possible was really good for you. Americans don't eat enough plant based food and Americans eat too much processed food, too much meat, and eat entirely too much sugar. I am no dietitian and it brought up a lot more questions in my mind than I have answers.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to define healthy. It is part of the reason why I asked the question. pdxwine brings up a good point that there are no chemicals in Chobani. Does that make it healthier than Fage? I have watched some documentaries on netflix about food and health. They make you think. Maybe they are just the documentaries that I watched but it seems like netflix is all about eating vegetables, real food, juicing fruits and vegetables and brings up questions about how much meat Americans are eating. One documentary makes the claim that eating meat (or a lot of meat) is directly related to developing cancer. The theme that everyone film hit on was that eating plant based food (fruits and vegetables), fresh if possible was really good for you. Americans don't eat enough plant based food and Americans eat too much processed food, too much meat, and eat entirely too much sugar. I am no dietitian and it brought up a lot more questions in my mind than I have answers.

Please be aware that a lot of those documentaries have an agenda and are cherry picking facts or ignoring studies that disagree with them. At the very least, try to do some reading on studies that present the other side.