Walking for short periods

Joanneh
Joanneh Posts: 40 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all

I walk very briskly for 10 minutes at least 4 times a day, going to my bus stop, then to the office and vice versa. Is there any point in recording this exercise as it is for such short periods? It really helps with the calories so it woud be great if it counted towards my exercise goals.

Replies

• Joanneh
    Hi all

I walk very briskly for 10 minutes at least 4 times a day, going to my bus stop, then to the office and vice versa. Is there any point in recording this exercise as it is for such short periods? It really helps with the calories so it woud be great if it counted towards my exercise goals.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    I think you should, it a adds up to at least 40mins a day for you.

Personnally I count every little thing that goes into my mouth and any exercise I do, no matter if its for a short amount of time or not...

At least if you track this you are building up your calories and also tracking your exercise...
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    yes count it, it all adds up:flowerforyou:
  • Joanneh
    Excellent thank you!! That is really good news.:flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Logging this stuff is great practice and motivation for newbies....like myself. I'm horrible at conversion so I worry that I'm not logging right. But the practice is helping.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I have read a lot of material on this subject. It is recommended you park in the back of the parking lot....why? because you get more exercise!!

My heart rate is 75 sitting at my desk, 95 when I get up and walk to the bathroom. WOW!

So YES add those jaunts to your log. And each time you do it, move a bit faster. challenge yourself and before you know it you will be burning twice the cals!!

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.