22 pounds lost so far (1 stone 8 pounds)

Hi all abit about myself I'm 5ft 2 and when I started to lose weight I weighed 13 stone 12 pounds obese for my height. I'm now down to 12 stone 4 pounds. I suffer from fibromyalgia so exersice is really painful to me. I'm after some advice on how to continue weight loss I get abit down at times and really want food that is bad for me. I get down because my body hurts from the fibro. Any advice on staying positive would be amazing thankyou xx

Replies

• Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Well done!!! Would swimming or walking help? Assuming something low impact on your body would be okay...?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    For weight loss you only need to worry about calories in vs calories out, so if you can't exercise, that won't stop you losing weight. Just make sure you're sticking to your calories and you'll lose weight just fine. The same goes for wanting to eat bad food - as long as the food you want to eat fits in your calories, it won't stop your weight loss. If you want to eat things that would go over your calories, then you could try banking your calories, for example could eat 100 or so calories less each day to save up an extra 600 calories to eat once a week and use that for a treat.
  • rs050711
    rs050711 Posts: 16 Member
    Great job on your loss!! I'm 5'2 and down about 22 pounds down too! :) I'm sorry exercise is so painful for you, but the positive news is that you can still lose even without it. I stopped exercising for now b/c it makes me sooo hungry! I actually lose more when not exercising, probably because of water retention. But hang in there, weight loss is calories in vs. calories out, so as long as you keep your calories within range, you'll keep losing. Personally I would go crazy keeping to the same amount of calories every single day, so I try to eat at 1,200 M-Th so that I can splurge a bit on the weekends. (Wine! Restaurants! Etc.) I usually wind up with one day a week that I go a little crazy, but I'm still losing. Focus on the long term and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day. I'm sure you deal with enough stress from being in pain all the time. Be nice to yourself.

Congrats again on your loss!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Congrats! That's great work. :)

Have you looked into avoiding inflammatory foods? I have autoimmune arthritis that can make making a fist dificult so I can relate to your difficulties somewhat. I found that severely reducing sugars and carbs has improved my pain, eliminating much of it. It's not a fast or perfect fix, but it does work for some people.

Best wishes.